Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BadCompany

Irregular sky work

When I (in DoomBuilder 1) build buildings, one with low ceilling without texture and a bigger with high ceiling without texture, too.
Now I run on game, and I stand in front on small building, so I see the sky on ceiling, but not the bigger building behind the smaller building.

How I can the do to right see function?

You can't. The only way you could look over the smaller building is that the sector's floor is the building's roof - but then you can't go inside.

Yeah, using a sky paradox will essentially behave like any other normal wall. It will block the player, block shots (although there are special exceptions to how shots will impact), and block visibility just as if it were a normal wall. The sky effect is just an illusion, it's still a wall like any other.

As far as I know, there is no such way to solve your problem, except to position the larger building in front, and wrap the surrounding sky sectors around the building so they are as close to the buildings as possible. You want to prevent the player from looking at the sky sectors in a way that is going to ruin the illusion.

Graf Zahl said:

You can't. The only way you could look over the smaller building is that the sector's floor is the building's roof - but then you can't go inside.

That's one solution, but if you can manage to have only sky over the doorway into the building (and make it so that sky doesn't block the building behind), you can hollow out the building and use an invisible-from-the-outside bleeding ceiling on the interior. Of course you won't be able to look down on the smaller building, but it would work given a clever setup.