Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodwin

Boom crusher weirdness

I was going through some of my older maps, and noticed that the voodo doll crusher in map03 of this wad doesn't seem to work at all in prboom. I admit the map was originally tested only in ZDoom, where the crusher worked just fine. So, what's the reason the crusher doesn't work?

Is the line type a walk-over generalized crusher type? If so, those didn't work in vanilla BOOM, and AFAIK, PrBoom has chosen not to repair this glitch.

Jim Flynn left the case to handle them out of P_CrossSpecialLine by mistake, because they were the very last class of generalized line specials to be defined.

I seem to remember having the same problem and seem to remember the solution being to use a 'standard' instead of 'generalized' linedef, could be wrong. But then I think you have to choose either fast or slow so might have to play with the ceiling height for it to work as intended again. Looks like a fun hard map.

Indeed, the line special 12256 doesn't work here, with prBoom+ with -complevel 9. Doesn't work with Boom 2.0.2, even.
Nice music on that map, BTW.