Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2kh02

Laptop - ASAP! - PLEASE! [help with ZDaemon]

ZDaemon doesn't let me play because it says I don't have the wad, even though I cleary do. Help?

Thanks a lot!
2kh02

Did you try dragging the .wad onto the zdoom.exe?

Also, didn't DVII come with its own executable?

2kh02 said:

Also in ZDaemon, how do I make ZDaemon know where all of my WADs are?

If you're on Windows Vista, make sure you put the WADs in both the ZDaemon\wads folder and your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ZDaemon\wads folder if you have one.

DuckReconMajor said:

If you're on Windows Vista, make sure you put the WADs in both the ZDaemon\wads folder and your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ZDaemon\wads folder if you have one.

That's only needed if you installed ZDaemon within C:\Program Files.

Krispavera said:

Also, didn't DVII come with its own executable?

No, it came with its own .bat -files

Gez said:

That's only needed if you installed ZDaemon within C:\Program Files.

Oh. I've installed it into different places, but I always thought it was random whether it wanted to make the AppData folder or not. Thanks.

None of the Wads work! All I can do is run the original game which is completely lame. Can someone please give me help?

Also, I cannot find my AppData folder.

1. C:/Program Files/DOOM Collector's Edition/Ultimate Doom or Final Doom or Doom2
2. ZDoom folder, as well as doom2.wad and others.
3. Via Zdoom.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THE DOOM LAUNCHER WORKED PERFECTLY!
Now all I need is help with ZDaeon.

DuckReconMajor said:

Oh. I've installed it into different places, but I always thought it was random whether it wanted to make the AppData folder or not. Thanks.

Well, if the app wants an AppData folder, it'll make one. But that's rather unusual for Doom ports. However, if another program (say, a map editor) wants to access a protected directory (all directories in C:\Program Files\ are protected) on which it has no access right, then a virtual folder is always created.

Open the ZDaemon launcher (zlauncher.) In the menu at the top click Settings, select Directories and click on WAD Directories. That opens a smallish window that lets you add or remove folders. The window also has an Auto button that I've never used, but I presume it makes the launcher scan the system and add any folders that contain WADs.