Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StkMtd

Things won't show up when I test a map

Recommended Posts

I've been using Doom Builder 2 for some time (version 2.0.1.1157). I have set up a number of engines for testing: ZDoom, Skulltag, ZDaemon. All of them seem to give me the same issue. Apart from player spawns, none of the things I place in my map will show up while I'm testing.

From what I've seen in most video tutorials, this is not a common issue. Is there some kind of command switch I have to include to make things appear when I'm testing?

I've looked around for solutions, but haven't come up with much. Let me know if you need any more information.

And for those curious, I'm developing maps for DooM II.

Share this post


Link to post

I've realized now that under the thing settings, if multiplayer is checked, the object will not show up during testing. This is the case regardless of easy, medium, or hard being checked off. Any ideas as to why this might be?

I am developing maps for multiplayer (deathmatch specifically), so it'd be nice to be able to test the map (with things not missing) as if it were being used in a deathmatch.

Share this post


Link to post
StkMtd said:

I am developing maps for multiplayer (deathmatch specifically), so it'd be nice to be able to test the map (with things not missing) as if it were being used in a deathmatch.


If you are developing multiplayer only maps you still should check single player in the 'appears when' field to make testing and examining your map easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonsbrethren said:

Add -deathmatch to the testing parameters.


I get the error:

Execution could not continue.

No deathmatch starts


This is with ZDooM

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

If you are developing multiplayer only maps you still should check single player in the 'appears when' field to make testing and examining your map easier.


I'm not sure where you're finding this "appears when" field. Are you referring to the settings in the "Thing Edit" window?

Share this post


Link to post
StkMtd said:

I get the error:

Execution could not continue.

No deathmatch starts


This is with ZDooM


Place deathmatch starts in your map.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×