Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graf Zahl

GZDoom benchmarks - Help needed!

I am currently doing a benchmark test for the latest GZDoom version. Here's the link:

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4518

I still need results for the following cards:

- Medium range ATI Radeon x1xxx cards. (X1600/X1650)
- High end ATI Radeon x1xxx cards. (X1800 - X1950)
- Medium range ATI Radeon HD 2xxx cards. (HD 2600/3600)
- High end ATI Radeon HD 2xxx card. (HD 2900 / 3800)
- Mid range ATI Radeon HD 4xxx card (HD 4600)
- High end ATI Radeon HD 4xxx card (HD 4800 or higher)
- NVidia Geforce 7 series (preferably a GF 7900 but other models will do)

If someone got something really old (like a Geforce FX, Geforce 4 or older) it might be interesting to see the results, too, but these are not really needed.

Graf Zahl said:

- NVidia Geforce 7 series (preferably a GF 7900 but other models will do)

I'd do it but I have a 7300 and while it can run crysis, I'm not so sure I can run GZDoom on it.

I would contribute, but I have the same hardware as you, Graf. I have a decently new ATI card floating around here somewhere. If I can find it, I'll definitely help you.

Csonicgo said:

I can play Crysis just fine but GZDoom is too resource hungry for my machine, I know it because I haven't even tried!

Very valuable feedback here.

If you still have problems with FMOD, put "nosound" in an autoexec.cfg file.

Why not include everything in a zip with a batch.
Batch would create a results.log with a line appended for each wad. Batch could play a prerecorded demo from a savegame for each wad automatically. Tester would only need to download the wad's zips and put them in gzdoom folder, click the the batch, and post the results.log.

More exact results using -config sometesting.ini worked into batch.

Catoptromancy said:

Why not include everything in a zip with a batch.

The combined size of the various wads, which include heavyweights like TUTNT or KDiZD, would make that zip impractical for many users.

Gez said:

The combined size of the various wads, which include heavyweights like TUTNT or KDiZD, would make that zip impractical for many users.

I was suggesting savegames, demos, the batch, the testing ini.

Where are the Light shaders? I don't see anything listed here. I can't even get the command to set itself to "true".

Use the currently available 1.3.9 beta. I've fixed a few bugs since 1.3.5 and at least one of those would cause problems on the ATI X1xxx series.

Graf Zahl said:

Use the currently available 1.3.9 beta. I've fixed a few bugs since 1.3.5 and at least one of those would cause problems on the ATI X1xxx series.

Well Alright. I'm getting the new NVidia drivers, I hope this helps enables the stuff that was disabled in the last driver update. >:(

Graf Zahl said:

Hmm... do I needed test again on my ATi HD 4350 with 1.3.09 beta?

No, not really.

There were no optimizations - just fixes.

If you want you can run two more tests on 3 or 4 of the savegames (your choice, except the ones for Sonic.)
Use 1.3.9 with command line option -vbo 0 and another one with -sm2 . I'm interested if that has any impact on performance.

Graf, is there any reason why the lights aren't showing up on walls and floors, but they light up decals on the walls, particles and sprites around a light?

Graf Zahl said:

No, not really.

There were no optimizations - just fixes.

If you want you can run two more tests on 3 or 4 of the savegames (your choice, except the ones for Sonic.)
Use 1.3.9 with command line option -vbo 0 and another one with -sm2 . I'm interested if that has any impact on performance.

Done. I'll post the result to the drdteam forum.

I intended to post this on the DRD Team forums, but their signup is broken, or all my email providers are.

An ATI 4870 test run, something I don't think I saw yet: http://www.dvdflick.net/storage/gzdoom_benches.zip

results.txt has the info and benchmark goodies, the rest is self explanatory (configs used).

Finally someone with ATI who does not have crap results. These are by far the best values I have seen so far even though they still don't quite match my GF 8600. Maybe all is not yet lost.

I wonder what's different about your system than anyone else's.

P:AR and KDiZD are Doom1 WADs btw, that's why you didn't see them.

exl said:

I intended to post this on the DRD Team forums, but their signup is broken, or all my email providers are.

The forum's mailer is currently broken, so the registration process is interrupted. SoulPriestess should activate your account soon.

Graf Zahl said:

I wonder what's different about your system than anyone else's.

Only oddities I can think of are no swap file, the 3D settings in the ATI "control panel" set to "Use application settings" (not sure if that's the default) and to prefer quality over speed, and the "Catalyst AI" feature disabled (application-specific optimization mostly IIRC).

P:AR and KDiZD are Doom1 WADs btw, that's why you didn't see them.

D'oh. I'll see if I can run those tomorrow, if needed.

Gez said:

The forum's mailer is currently broken, so the registration process is interrupted. SoulPriestess should activate your account soon.

Thanks.

Gez said:

Assuming that I clicked the right buttons, the account should now be active.

exl said:

Only oddities I can think of are no swap file, the 3D settings in the ATI "control panel" set to "Use application settings" (not sure if that's the default) and to prefer quality over speed, and the "Catalyst AI" feature disabled (application-specific optimization mostly IIRC).

My HD 4350 machine did same things,all set on Use application settings and Disable the AI shit, but only the damned Mipmap Detail Level is the highest setting, because if I don't set it to "highest quality", some 2D/3D games' textures will weirdly fucked up. *sigh*
(Even that maybe a game problem or something but those shit doesn't happens on my 8600GT machine.)