Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Harmony is finished: DOWNLOAD!

[edit]
DOWNLOAD now available!
[/edit]

Harmony is finished!

Harmony functions a standalone game with the Zdoom engine, but can also be viewed as a TC.

I am waiting for it to be accepted on the idGames archives (which is difficult since it contains an exe) and the Doomwadstation.
But I could use extra hosts just to be sure.
It took me a long time to finish the project so I want to release it to the public asap.

For more information including 35 screenshots click here.

If you want to offer a download place for harmony, please let me know!

Why does it include an EXE? Your website is dead/super slow for me so I can't check on there.

Is it a custom port or will it work on a standard version of ZDoom?

Sweet! I think this should be moved to Doomworld News. This looks like a lot of fun and I thought at this point it was more around 50% done. This is great I anxiously await a download link :DDD

t.v. said:

If you want to offer a download place for harmony, please let me know!

How about /idgames? It's perfect for a thing like this. ;)

His post contains more than just the last line :/

To answer the questions:
-It contains an exe, because I want it to be a full game instead of a mod, so my non-dooming friends can enjoy it as well. I know some doomers are opposed to this, but this shouldn't be a problem in itself since it is not illegal and credit is given to the builders.
I don't want to release it as a mod, because I want to release only 1 version.

-The file size is 43 MB when zipped.

Please let me know if anyone want to host this. I don't think my website could handle much traffic.

t.v. said:

-It contains an exe, because I want it to be a full game instead of a mod, so my non-dooming friends can enjoy it as well. I know some doomers are opposed to this, but this shouldn't be a problem in itself since it is not illegal and credit is given to the builders.
I don't want to release it as a mod, because I want to release only 1 version.

So, just like Action Doom 2, it's a standalone game/mod with ZDooM engine? If that IWAD is not illegal, it should not illegal but still needed some checks. :p

t.v. said:

To answer the questions:

Best note in your readme that it can be played with newer versions of ZDoom, too. Then people can ignore the included EXE.

I could get in touch with SoulPriestess about giving you a permanent place to store it on DRDTeam, but in the meantime I could just upload it to my Doom Armory space.

t.v. said:

-The file size is 43 MB when zipped.

You could probably make it smaller by using 7zip to make it in the 7z format. And you should have no problem hosting it on http://files.drdteam.org/ (you've got a 350 MB user quota there).

Wow, this looks particularly awesome. I would be more than happy to help host it for you, but it looks like you've already got plenty of options. I can't wait to play this :D

Holy shit, Essel and I were just talking about this and how it was going to miss its deadline. I have been eagerly awaiting this.

I just uploaded it to the drdteam site!
the DOWNLOAD link <---

If anyone wants to host it on his/her site please do so. Just download it, put it on your site and post the link in this thread. I will probably put the links on my site later on.

thanks everyone!
I hope you enjoy playing harmony!

Many Thanks T.V., and congratulations! This is gonna be cool!

Off topic: It's weird seeing inappropriate titles for posters. T.V. is only a JUNIOR member? What?
And when Carmack posted, he was just a "Newbie" Ha.

Hehe, download is going a little slow. I guess lots of other people are interested too! :P

This is probably one of the coolest things I've played this year. I'm really enjoying it so far, though I keep getting my ass handed to me heh :D

Very cool and unique atmosphere. It feels like some 1995 Doom clone game. Very, very old school. I love it.

Hello, The Epic. How are you today?

I'm up to the 4th level and loving it. I just wish there were more music tracks... :P

I'm a bit confused about the level names, though... the automap name for Map03 in particular doesn't match with the intermission name or the name given in the textfile. :P

Awesome. Despite a few things that looked like they were on the to-do list (that map name xaser mentioned, this crate top, a misaligned pillar on MAP02 in the room where there is an armor on a blue shrine thing), it plays very well. I'm up to MAP06, and despite a brain fart regarding ammo on MAP04 (forgot to pick up 2 ammo cases, so I was short 80 rounds in the last fight in the zoo. Completed despite that ;), it's been very fun.

I have been waiting for this TC for a long time, and I am not disappointed at all. An incredible amount of effort must have went into this. I went ahead and made a news submission for its release.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to play as far as I would like into it yet since I have so much work to do :P.

I can't play that now, I'll try that later. It looks cool! :)

BTW, I uploaded your zip to the pubilc directory on my M$ Skydrive account. It's link to there, just click the picture of archive to download that.

http://cid-8f5df51324362a68.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Doomshit/harmony1.zip

This link always works, excpet your damned ISP hates Skydrive. :p

Can you release the source modifications to the ZDoom source? I'm sure it's pretty minimal, but I want to patch it in to the latest version of GZDoom and compile it for my Linux comp :P