Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Harmony is finished: DOWNLOAD!

Maybe it's because I'm used to newschool play and not having any melee weapons - but this doesn't seem all that hard to me. And I'm on UV.

It's pretty easy if your goal isn't 100% kills, but I can see how it would be really difficult otherwise. In the earlier levels there is just not enough ammo.

40oz said:

Ughhh yes. No melee weapons. That's kind of a downer.

I think its more a matter of concept if anything. The only reason to include melee weapons in an FPS (with exceptions of course, like Action Doom 2, or Condemned) is so that that players can fight off enemies without ammo. The pistol requires no ammo, thus serving the usual purpose of a melee weapon.

I don't have the wad with me, but

I have all the sprites scaled down to vanilla resolution. I used point filtering, because otherwise, it would have averaged the colors, resulting in a bunch colors not from the palette. As it is, there are still some, but not many, of those oh-so-pretty bright colormap-hacked pixels, to light up the eyes in the darkness.

But it isn't yet chocolate/vanilla compatible. I get a error about a patch being missing from a texture in TEXTURES or something.
And there probably are a few more things to change to make it vanilla compatible, maps included.

And the offsets aren't all exact yet. I aligned some sprites with their low-res counterparts, but stopped after a few.

I'll upload the sprites tomorrow, if someone want's to finish aligning them and use them in a non-zdoom version.

And to comment on the mod; I'm finished now, and that was really awesome. I remember first playing Strife and being really refreshed to see a new palette. This game gave that feeling again, along with some really neat maps, aside from the Centaur one.

I'm a little late to the party but HOLY FUCK THIS GAME ROCKS. The enemies, textures, weapons and maps are all fucking awesome. Kyu's soundtrack is wonderful too.

This is the most fun I've had in a Doom engine game in a long time. Mad props to t.v.