Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Jamie

American McGee's Return of Alice

Holy shit.

Is that a game or a movie? Either way I WANT IT. Alice was one of my favourite games ever, with some of the best music ever.

Reminds me of Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" or "Nightmare before Christmas".

I used to love American McGee's Alice. But it was strictly for the great visuals, music and setting. The game play is unfortunately lacking. That being said, I am looking forward to this. Even if I think it smells like the fart of a cash cow.

Yeah, compared to American's vision it doesn't compare too well IMO. They were planning on making a movie out of it once. But it fell on the wayside I suppose. For the better though I guess. Can imagine it ending up being about something completely different. :p

There's a Doom 3 reference in that Tim Burton's video ;-)

Mad props go to whoever points it out.

Maes said:

Reminds me of Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" or "Nightmare before Christmas".

That's what I thought. I hope those are in-game graphics that makes models look like paper mache

Just so everyone knows, this trailer is a fan video. Nobody seems to read video descriptions. :P

I've given up waiting for the Alice movie. It's been something like five or six years now since the rumors started? I expect the next Mortal Kombat movie to be out before Alice, and that's been in some form of production for like twelve years.

40oz said:

That's what I thought. I hope those are in-game graphics that makes models look like paper mache

That's most likely promotional material and nothing more. Truth be told, tentatively being a 2011 game means there's not a single art asset done right now you will see in its present form by then. They may, however, attempt to copy the style.

And that burton movie made alice like 10 years older. Maybe normal age alice had too much pedo potential.

Oh hey, thats nice. I wasn't entirely impressed by the art style there. Looking forward to more about the actual game now!

Maes said:

There's a Doom 3 reference in that Tim Burton's video ;-)

Mad props go to whoever points it out.

Doom 3 reference? Didn't spot it. But there's a Doom 1 zombie waking noise at 0:58.

Not sure I like the claymation-style. I'd need to be convinced this won't suck.

Needless to say, of course.

Nomad said:

Just so everyone knows, this trailer is a fan video. Nobody seems to read video descriptions. :P

Nomad said:

From the video description:

unofficial alice2 trailer

Coopersville said:

AlysiumX said:

*Nomad's head pops*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA