Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Ending a level from a script?

Is it possible? I assumed it would be, but can't seem to find the appropriate ACS function.

I had a look around ZDoom wiki (specifically DoomBuilder ACS config) and I couldn't find any obvious way to do this.

I want the exit switch to print some text, then lower a lift, then exit the level as the lift is lowering.

As usual, any help appreciated. Thanks.

[edit] Damn. After another look, I just found it. Sorry people[/edit]

Kyka said:

Is it possible? I assumed it would be, but can't seem to find the appropriate ACS function.

You can call action specials anywhere: on a line, on a thing, in an ACS script, or in a DECORATE actor definition. Given that Exit_Normal and Exit_Secret are action specials, there is no need to make redundant ACS-or-DECORATE functions for them.

So if you can put an action on a line, this means you can put it in a script? (Excluding the linedef actions that specifically state they can only be used on a line obviously.) Neat.

And thanks for the replies guys, even on my rather redundant post up there. O_o

Yep. In ACS or in DECORATE, so for example, you can summon one of these and kill it:

Actor ExitImp : DoomImp
{
	States
	{
	Death:
		TROO N 4 Exit_Normal(0)
		Stop
	}
}
See what happens then.

Whoah. That was cool. Thanks Gez.

There were a few firsts for me here. My first ever bit of decorate coding. At least I knew decorate is additive, otherwise I would have gone looking for the imp decorate and added this new stuff in. And also the first time I have summoned a monster. Didn't even know that could be done until very recently.

I haven't started learning Decorate yet, want to get really fluent with ACS first. I pretty much have the basics of it now, I think.

Well some basics anyway.