Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Jamie

Redtek [MAP02 now up]

gggmork said:

That is awesome. You were so close! Past the blue key door would have been interesting with only those rules. I shoulda chucked a secret berzerk in for you and AB :)

I'll keep that in mind about the weapon difficulty. The chaingun's in MAP03, I was intending to put the SSG in too but perhaps I'll change that to Rocket Launcher and keep rockets sparse.

Thanks all again for the comments.

Wow TGH, great runs, thankyou :)

You certainly rush forward alot more than I do, it looks like it makes MAP01 alot harder, though your reflexes are amazingly fast! I think you're the first person to find the secret Rocket Launcher so congratulations there! That 30-second door at the end is not so good, the Archvile is supposed to be harder :P

I can see MAP02 is definitely made easier by the availability of the SSG. Maybe I will take that out for UV :P You came so close to finding the last secret too, it's marked with misaligned bricks.

I hated all my ideas so far for MAP03, though I've been thinking of more. I've got a MAP04 planned and a few ideas for a MAP05 finale, though most of my mapping time is being spent on something I'm working on with 40oz, and also I am lazy :P

I'm finishing map 02 tomorrow, gotta go to bed for now. :) But map 01 was pretty good, but I for one, love and absolutely hate maps that force me into tight rooms with monsters. The cross room was already tight enough with that Archville. And God do I hate Archvilles...

And I see you enjoy trapping players in small spaces with a LOT of monsters? That cacodemon room in 01 killed me at least 5 times.

As for 02, I am moving through at a turtle's pace. Too afraid a Revenant is gonna jump out and punch me in the throat after every corner. Good, but the maps actually were 'Scary' for me. Which is good, lots of surprises are good. Keep up the work man. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two, eh?

Hey, that first map was really fun! The red theme looked quite nice and I liked that trap with the mancubi and revenants. Gonna try the second one now.