Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ra02

GZdoom problems

Hey all, I have a frustrating problem, when I try to run any wads by dragging it over GZDoom.exe it always runs Ultimate Doom and I can only play that, even if I drag Doom2.wad. It used to work like that but now I can't play anything like that, e.g. I want to play kdizd.zip but runs the Ultimate Doom, how can I fix this?

Rename your doom.wad to doom.wad.bak, then just drag the WAD you want to play onto GZDoom (not doom2.wad or doom.wad, ever). There's a way to allow you to choose which IWAD to use every time GZDoom runs, but I forgot how that works exactly.

when I rename doom.wad to .wad.bak and I try to run a wad it says Fatal Error Execution could not continue. Cannot find a game IWAD.. but I'll try what Nomad showed.

Ra02 said:

Hey all, I have a frustrating problem, when I try to run any wads by dragging it over GZDoom.exe it always runs Ultimate Doom and I can only play that, even if I drag Doom2.wad. It used to work like that but now I can't play anything like that, e.g. I want to play kdizd.zip but runs the Ultimate Doom, how can I fix this?

KDiZD *is* meant to be run with Ultimate Doom. You'll get texture errors if you run it with Doom 2.

exl said:

Rename your doom.wad to doom.wad.bak, then just drag the WAD you want to play onto GZDoom (not doom2.wad or doom.wad, ever). There's a way to allow you to choose which IWAD to use every time GZDoom runs, but I forgot how that works exactly.

See this.