Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgtcrispy

LHC halted by bread!

Apparently the LHC was shutdown recently. Again....
This time by a chunk of bread that fell from the mouth of a passing bird.

Yeah ok. Is this thing made out of Fabriche eggs and Jenga blocks?

Quick link to the /. post

http://vb.ly/63f

I think it's time CERN stopped feeding us this LHC nonsense and admitted that they're attempting to build an Infinite Improbability Drive.

FOWL PLAY!

IT'S BEING SABOTAGED FROM THE FUTURE BY HYPERINTELLIGENT AVIAN MUTANTS!!!

LIKE TERMINATOR BUT WITH BIRDS

HOLY SHIT

Maybe if they weren't so busy recording CERN rap videos they would have noticed the bread earlier. lol, jenga blocks. lol, the link from slashdot looks like the bird is doing a hole in one to kill the death star.

Well this is proof that birds will one day take over the world once the human race mysteriously becomes extinct.

The bird's briefing:

The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station.

Csonicgo said:

The bird's briefing:

The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station.

I lol'd

Nomad said:

Csonicgo said:

The bird's briefing:

I lol'd

lol me 2

Philnemba said:

Well this is proof that birds will one day take over the world once the human race mysteriously becomes extinct.

Actually, dogs.

I was reading about that show the other day, sounds interesting. I ought to go down and turn on one of the 50 Discovery channels, really. It's bound to be on one of them (the other 49 will have stuff about Hitler)

More fascinating than learning that the Higgs-Boson does or does not exist would be proving that the universe at large actually is conspiring against the success of this experiment. That would be a far more existentially significant finding.

What if the bread turns out to be manna from heaven? That would make the system failure an Act of God, as well as deliberate sabotage. Which begs the question - what dirty little secret is the man upstairs trying to hide?

Csonicgo said:

Without this mission's success, the avian world will forever shatter from the power of the human's Large Hardon Collider. Godspeed.

I'm pretty sure the corvids and cephalopods will take over the world in our absence.

I'm kind of starting to wonder if these are signs that we're dealing in voodoo-science we aren't supposed to. That would be the most hilarious explanation, at least.

Man that was close I just ordered Dragon Age and I really want to play that before we're all sucked into a giant black hole.

Krispavera said:

Man that was close I just ordered Dragon Age and I really want to play that before we're all sucked into a giant black hole.

Seriously, dude. You'll have to tell me how that is. I've become a Bioware fan by default since I pretty much have never played a game of theirs I didn't like. Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 either!

Hell yeah Nomad. I've been playing Mass Effect like crazy lately cause I lost my save when I reformatted recently... Can't fking wait to play Dragon Age.