Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomsdayRooster

New Study Reveals Reasons to Avoid Dating an iPhone User

Results of a new study reveal several interesting personality quirks about iPhone users. When it comes to relationships, they judge people more on their gadgets than their university education.

According to Retrevo's Gadgetology report on iPhone users, there are several reasons to run in the opposite direction if a potential partner pulls out one of those sleek, slim devices.

Apparently, in addition to the ability to source directions, restaurant reviews, and play instantly-addictive jumpy games, iPhone users share some interesting personality characteristics that may make them poor relationship material.

The light-hearted study results by the shopping website says that iPhone users judge people negatively if they have out-of-date gadgets, and furthermore, consider someone who has cool gadgets to be more attractive as a potential dating partner than someone with a university education. That's all well and good if you have an iPhone, but if it is the case, be prepared for the dump-via-text: 1 in 3 iPhone users has texted or emailed their significant other to break up.

Other interesting observations from the study include that iPhone users are twice as likely to view adult material on their device than Blackberry users. Also they consider themselves to be more intellectual, extroverted, and media savvy than users of other devices.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/281664

Now we can tell which potential mates are messed up in the head from afar. This is a good thing, IMO.

DoomsdayRooster said:

Other interesting observations from the study include that iPhone users are twice as likely to view adult material on their device than Blackberry users.

As far as I'm aware, Blackberry's are used a lot more in businesses than iPhones, which would explain this gap.

pssh. We iPhone users are so much better than everyone else anyways, why would we stoop to the class of normal people for dating anyways?

EDIT: i dont use an iPhone, but this seems to be the mentality of apple users in general iphone users

Screw iphones.

I have a nokia, and it's doing wonders for me.

Actually it just sends and recieves text and calls and plays doom midi's for ringtones. But that's all I'd want it to do.

Other interesting observations from the study include that iPhone users are twice as likely to view adult material on their device than Blackberry users.

I feel that people should use either their phone's touch-sensitive device or their body's touch-sensitive device, but not both at the same time...

The last part is obvious: iPhones have bigger screens than just about anything from RIM.

The moral of the story: don't date shallow people. Lame.

iPhones make me rage enough already, god I could rant about them.

Android phones are pretty cool and I'm glad I own one, but I'm not about to start judging the quality of a person by the media device they own.

I still use a cell phone from 1998. Not even lying. ATT couldn't even find my plan in their system (my plan was originally Cellular One).

A girl I've been seeing told me just the other day that I need to get a new phone. Coincidentally she had her iphone thing out. I told her I'd get a new one if she bought it for me and paid for a year and I guess she wasn't receptive to that idea, so I'll keep using mine for now.

DuckReconMajor said:

So I should only date someone who has a university education?

Yes - but only if they also own lots of cool gadgets.

They still sell mine but I've had it for years and don't plan on upgrading. In fact, I just downgraded in a way - I switched from an unnecessarily expensive contract to a prepaid per-minute deal, because I barely use this sucker. A couple of its features are broken yet it still does more than I need it to do.

I guess it's no surprise that we've got a bit of a predilection for retro technology here?

Having switched to an "internet phone" myself, I'd find it hard to go back to a normal buttons-and-sms phone. It's so useful having Gmail, Facebook, Google Maps, GPS, and a very usable internet browser with me wherever I go. More than a few of the posts I make on this forum are from my phone.

All sorts of gadgets interest me, I think it's actually nice to see someone not conforming to the boring iPhone/iPod mould when I see something different on the end of their headphones.

My olde Nokia phone from 2003 is still going strong even though I dropped it and it broke into four pieces. I like using my Blackberry more, but I dropped it one day. That busted one of the keys on the side and caused the OS to become extremely unstable. It crashes all the time now.

Lol!

And:

Krispavera said:

Not surprised.

As a developer who has worked on iPhone software this study exactly matches my impression of what the average iPhone user wants.

So yes, they are probably not decent dating material.

I still use an old cell phone which does the job for me - and if I ever buy a pocket computer the decision will be made based on the usefulness, not the coolness factor. I can't say I like the iPhone much - not only because it's from Apple.

Well, iphone users are mostly Mac fanboys, and I think we knew that about them for years now. No surprises here.

My phone is fairly new, but that's just because I only got a cell phone plan for the first time a little over a year ago. I guess it's 'last gen' now, but it's a pretty nice Motorola phone that cost me around $60. It does movies and pictures and games and stuff and I added a 2GB memory chip to it, so good times.

Obligatory link to maddox's opinion on the iPhone, which is the one that matters most because maddox is always right.

Spoiler

And also because it pisses off and butthurts Hobbs/HobbsTiger/John Smith/Apple fanboys in general, but only between you and me, 'aight?

Actually, if you're looking for THE reason not to use iPhones or have anything to do with anyone using them, try finding a video of a basement dwelling boy with a serious dysplasia/condition that shows him dropping one and then taking the piss. Can't remember the name though... dog242 or dawg424 or somesuch (ED material, no less).

Not quite about the iPhone (more about iPod) but still a good reason to avoid dating iPhone users, IMHO.

DoomsdayRooster said:

stuff

I could have told you that.

Maes said:

Not quite about the iPhone (more about iPod) but still a good reason to avoid dating iPhone users, IMHO.

<Youtube Vid Here>

That was ... epic.