Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Grindcore Midis

Does anybody have any?

Really fast Snare/Bass/Crash cymbal pattern,

lots of slap bass and overdriven/distortion guitar played at really low octaves. I don't believe I've found any midi's in this style.

I've done some wacky grind midis, as well as an unfinished cover of "The Stench of Burning Death" by Repulsion. Not sure if you'd have any interest since most of them are just silly.

So does grindcore when it's not in midi format.

TimeOfDeath said:

Holy shit, those would make great Doom music.

I wish I could find a decent MIDI composition program. Everything I've ever looked at was over my head. I remember using one in a music class many years ago that was on an ancient Mac, and I have no idea what it was but it was real simple and straightforward. Wish I could find something like that.

I kinda liked Hurry You're Going To Miss but the rest of them were pretty bad. Really high pitched notes sound awful in midi format.

DuckReconMajor said:

I lol at that.

Anyway I personally love the whole "grindcore" stuff because it gives you that energetic feel to it while you play DOOM (well at least to me). A good example is Hell Revealed 2 music.

The label I co-own/operate has released a few split miniCDs featuring a band called Tremor of the Black Manx, who play "dodecaphonic aleatoric experimental cybergrind/death/doom/prog/glitch/noise". Perhaps that would be of interest? There are sound samples in the catalog: http://www.jeshimoth.com/catalog/

Nomad said:

I wish I could find a decent MIDI composition program. Everything I've ever looked at was over my head.

I have often wished this too.

Jimmy91 uses Cakewalk 3, from screenshots I've seen that looks good, I can't find it though.

If you're willing to setup a hardware DOS box, Adlib Tracker or Midget v2 will work. Midget v3 is for Windows, perhaps give that a go?

A really simple and straight forward midi prog is TabIt. Maybe Guitar Pro, if youd like it a bit more advanced.

Also, Im not too fond of metal in Doom, at least not blastbeats and frenetic riffing. I like the moody stuff when it comes to Doom. Some of the Hell Revealed songs worked quite OK though.

edit: made this song a week ago or so

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtt2zzmtntl/Doom%203.mid

kinda off topic though, sry :P