Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hobomaster22

Collecting Doom Stuff

hobomaster22 said:

That's really awesome. Is it bad that I looked at the at_id.jpg and immediately the obscure Magic the Gathering box?

No way, that's cool! What's bad is that I could never get the MTG PC game working. Was it any good?

I really wish I managed to hang on to all of my old big boxes of Doom and Quake that I had years ago.

I think my mom threw them all away at the time.

I miss those big boxes, for no other reason than to display them.

Ok, so here's my collection. I should note this picture is more than 3 years old. Only about 70% of my collection - at the time of the picture - would fit into it.

Since this picture, my collection has grown by a large amount, and likely I could fit only 40-50% of it into this same picture.

I currently have 4 id Anthology's - 100% factory sealed new, including one in Japanese.
I have over 500 Reaper figures now, including multiple sets brand new in the card.
I also have a full set of the pre-release Reapers, new in card, which come full assembled. Meaning for example the Lost Souls came with their heads glued on already. Also, the blister cards that came with multiple (like 3 Marine Hero's, 3 Imps, etc.) only came with 1 each. VERY RARE and unique.
Also I have 2 (of 10) of the ORIGINAL Reaper CyberDemons - the smaller version with a non-detached head. These never made it to market as they were rejected by Carmack as being too small.

Honestly I can go on and on and on with super rare stuff that many people probably don't even know exists, but I don't want to bore everyone.

Regards,

Dusty

HOLY COW Dusty...I am in Shock and Awe to the sheer Epic state of that collection. I bow down to the Geek Master

Dusty said:

Honestly I can go on and on and on with super rare stuff that many people probably don't even know exists, but I don't want to bore everyone.

Regards,

Dusty

Yep, you win. But if you want to bore me, go right ahead. I love learning about obscure Doom stuffs I don't know exists ;D. Also have you been bidding on Ebay for the Reaper miniatures lately for insane amounts? I hope not because it looks like as of 3 years ago you have all of them.. and then some O_o. I think at this point I'd be happy with one in the package.. or not. But I'm a poor college student. Can't justify 300 dollars a tiny metal Doom figure.

Also is that a GIANT Doom 64 box? I'm assuming it's some kind of store display. I want it.

Do you have all the console versions? I think I've found every obscure one that exists, I could list them if anyone's interested. As far as I know I'm missing Doom II gba and the XBox ones.

hobomaster22 said:

Yep, you win. But if you want to bore me, go right ahead. I love learning about obscure Doom stuffs I don't know exists ;D. Also have you been bidding on Ebay for the Reaper miniatures lately for insane amounts? I hope not because it looks like as of 3 years ago you have all of them.. and then some O_o. I think at this point I'd be happy with one in the package.. or not. But I'm a poor college student. Can't justify 300 dollars a tiny metal Doom figure.

Also is that a GIANT Doom 64 box? I'm assuming it's some kind of store display. I want it.

Do you have all the console versions? I think I've found every obscure one that exists, I could list them if anyone's interested. As far as I know I'm missing Doom II gba and the XBox ones.

I've been bidding on most Reaper miniatures on Ebay for the last 5 years or so. But most of the rarest ones I've gotten I've gotten from other sources, including current and former id employees, and other places I don't want to say. :)

That is a giant Doom 64 box. Wish I had more room to display it, its pretty cool. I have several store displays of varying kinds like that one that aren't in the pic.

I would LOVE to see a list of all the console versions. I do not have them all, as they are dead last on my list of things I care to collect. However, I will one day have them all, so seeing an organized list would help a lot!

Cheers,

Dusty

Dusty said:

I would LOVE to see a list of all the console versions. I do not have them all, as they are dead last on my list of things I care to collect. However, I will one day have them all, so seeing an organized list would help a lot!

Cheers,

Dusty

Hope this is correct:

Doom - Sega 32x
Doom - Atari Jaguar
Doom - Super Nintendo
Doom - Panasonic 3DO*
Doom - PlayStation ( long box, regular black, and greatest-hits, if you want to be technical ) <- this may only be true for US versions
Doom - Sega Saturn
Final Doom - Playstation
Doom 64 - Nintendo 64
Doom - Gameboy Advance
Doom II - Gameboy Advance
Doom II - Tapwave Zodiac*

Doom 3 - Microsoft XBox
Doom 3 Collector's Edition - Microsoft XBox
Doom 3 ROE - Microsoft XBox

* are the one's that I found harder to find, specifically boxed / shrink wrapped. They're roughly in order they probably came out.

I'm gonna peak at my collection at home to make sure later.

Here is my collection (part of it anyway) missing my Death Match 1 and 2 , Ultimate Doom D!Zone 2 and D!Zone 150

Mad Butcher said:

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GET THISSSSSS

Edit: nevermind I guess I never tried ebay. Buying one now. I can't find perdition's gate though :(

I don't understand owning multiples of rare items. (Well in the case of figurines, I can understand having one packaged and one for display.) It just seems a little greedy to me. I'd be happy with one set of figurines and letting others have a chance at owning them. But that's just me.

Nemark said:

I don't understand owning multiples of rare items. (Well in the case of figurines, I can understand having one packaged and one for display.) It just seems a little greedy to me. I'd be happy with one set of figurines and letting others have a chance at owning them. But that's just me.

Every single rare item I own I had a chance to buy, as did everyone else. I don't see how I'm being greedy when every person is equally offered the same opportunity to seek out these rare items and purchase them. Its not like I have some special "in" on obtaining these parts. I spent the time and money because I thoroughly enjoy collecting these things. That's like faulting someone for working really hard and making "too" much money while others sit on the couch and watch TV or party their lives away. You must be a Democrat. :-) <--- Note the smile

Regards,

Dusty

Super Jamie said:

No way, that's cool! What's bad is that I could never get the MTG PC game working. Was it any good?

Assuming that was the Microprose Magic game, Shandalar, it was... interesting. Like most of the Microprose games from that period, it cheated like hell. The AI would do things that simply weren't possible. But at the same time it was fun going through the little fantasy universe and collecting cards off of people you beat. The dungeons were super broken though.

Also, you could have ridiculous crap like 40 card decks with a 5 card of each name maximum. So I would build stuff like:

5x Sinkhole
5x Dark Ritual
5x Hypnotic Specter
5x Black Knight
5x Juzam Djinn
5x Strip Mine
5x Swamp
5x Mox Jet

Mind you a deck that good was stupid hard to build, especially with the Djinns and Moxes, but somehow you could play a stupid deck like that and STILL lose due to cheating AI.

Meh, whatever. I don't have many of the old consoles which I have Doom versions of, but the fact that I only have one of each is okay? I already own Ultimate Doom, should I give up my significantly rarer and more expensive Doom 1 because I technically already have the content?

If you're going to go for dictionary definitions, there's probably alot of crap in all our lives we don't need but have anyway because it's enjoyable to have. A more appropriate word to look up would be "collectable".

Besides, it's damn impressive to see so much cool stuff in the one place and I'd rather it in the hands of someone who'll look after it.

Never_Again said:

No need to be defensive about it, though, Dusty. The dictionary doesn't say that greed is a bad thing.

Very true, no need for me to be defensive! Based on the dictionary definition we are all greedy, as I am 100% certain we could all look around our homes and find many, many things we do not "need". :)

Regards,

Dusty

Hmm... i am getting a gut feeling that dusty likes doom...not sure why though... ....O Shi-

My collection (I'll get a pic up later):

4 factory sealed Ultimate DOOM CD ROMS
1 factory sealed Ultimate DOOM 3.5" Floppy
1 factory sealed Ultimate DOOM CD ROM (Macintosh)
1 DOOM 2 Jewel case (sealed, but it's the newer Activision version)
1 DOOM Collector's Edition, sealed
1 Sealed Master Levels for DOOM 2
2 Sealed Final DOOM
3 mail order DOOM in original boxes
2 new Depths of DOOM Trilogy

My Hell 2 Pay game with D!Zone Gold.

Cool. I can say if they ever make Doom Mountain Dew or other food product (Tabasco seems fitting somehow), I'd buy it and not even open it unless in a severe emergency.

EDIT: The only Doom thing I have is a Doom movie DVD with the Doom 3 demo for XBox. I downloaded the Doom games and all ZDoom supported IWADs online somewhere (unspecified as to keep within the rules (or do a Google search)) (Yes, I'm a criminal :P).