Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tim.z

Map Problem

Hi there.

I built a map a few years ago and ran it fine, ran with no problems. I just got back into level building recently and found that my map crashed Doom95, and keeps giving me a 00428c41 referenced memory at 096125fc error box. I've did a bit of googl'ing with my problem without luck. I'm running Windows XP SP3.. I can email the map to anyone who requests it..

I' spent a lot of time on the map years ago and would like to play it once more.. =)

Thanks.

Have you tried using a sourceport yet? Perhaps Chocolate Doom? I have no idea why a map would crash Doom95. If you want, go ahead and send it to me. I curious to see if it crashes my Doom95.

Try it in PrBoom or ZDoom, or Chocolate Doom if you want the original game with its' blocky graphics and all. Doom95 is quite an inferior port.

Tim.z said:

I'm running Windows XP SP3.. I can email the map to anyone who requests it..

I'm also running XP so you can add me to your list of testers.

Well, I've solved half your problem. Maps 8 and 32 cause Doom 95 to crash. Heres why MAP32 crashes:

MAP32 is the original Doom2 map, but you changed a whole bunch of textures to A-BRICK3. A-BRICK3 texture doesn't exist, this causes Doom95 to crash on MAP32. Is there even supposed to be a MAP32? Maybe a mistake of some sort.

Now as for MAP08, it runs fine on most modern sourceports, but crashes Doom95 and Chocolate doom. Didn't crash prboom. Weird, I'm still trying to figure out why. I'll keep you posted if I figure something out.

Map08's exceeded the 32k linedef limit - that's what's stopping Doom95 and Chocolate Doom from running it.

O..k, Thanks for the help! Anyway of finding out memory I'm taking up for it on doombuilder?

BTW, What did you think of my map?