Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SonicIce

My lifes work [in progress]

Well after like 6 years of on and off mapping blah blah etc. Lotsa cool stuff check it out. Weird shit sometimes. You'll Like it. 10 maps. Work in progress.

Behold

It doesn't have a name yet...

Download:
http://jord.nm.ru/doom/112.zip
ZDoom or similar preferred but alot of ports will work. Check the text file. 10th map not finished yet - ends in a big outside place.

Answer these if you could:
1. Did you get lost?
2. Was it too hard or easy?
3. Any major bugs?

It doesn't look bad from the screens. The one with the floating crates made me laugh though, is there a reason for them to be floating like that?

Screens look pretty cool. I will have a look at this when I get a chance. :) Good stuff.

I took a peek at your maps and they are quite impressive, in fact some of them reminds me of maps from Kama Sutra...except these are a bit easy. The rejected map was ok and it seems to parody 1994 style maps.
Also TACO BELL FTW!!!

It's supposed to be a joke. Like you're in a UAC shipping facility or something... then you go thru a tunnel and suddenly you're in Mexico, and what else to be there than Taco Bell :)

Well the maps used to be harder. They had well over 200 monsters each but then I toned it down I, thought it was just too hard. Maybe i'll put some more back in.

That was quite fun, beat 1-9 from pistol start. Not particularly hard (though its all relative) but lots of creative interesting stuff to keep it entertaining throughout and the path was easy to figure out/intuitive as opposed to a switch hunt. I don't have the patience to make somewhat large detailed levels like that.

thanks alot for testing guys. i think im going to finish it soon. so any other problems? lemme know

i'm curious why don't u like the sky?

Ultraboy94: host might have gone down for a bit

lol no its like a planet. see the deserts and green lands and water and clouds. guess it doesnt make sense though why would there be a planet surface in the sky unless the map is orbiting it. if i have to explain it then it's not good enough.

anyways i made a new sky check it out
http://jord.nm.ru/doom/52.zip
and added some sounds that i had

I kinda figured it was a planet, I was just being SUPERfunny =)

I would have changed it anyway though, doest look that good imHo =)and I can see you have already done that, but I cant check it out since Im at work and cant DL any files.

Chrispaks said:

I liked the sky!

Judging from the screens, it looks like an image of Earth. I just want to say that, for me at least, it would be incredibly distracting to play.