Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

freeware: Inframan

I tried it. It looks good and I love the concept and the art.

But it gets annoying when you lose your energy and have to run around finding more. By the time you find any you will be completely surrounded by enemies and the new energy will instantly be drained making it useless. And the increasing number of enemies ganging up on the player give an increasing volume of noise making it even more annoying. You cannot reset the game so you will be doomed to endure a audio beating until the time runs out.

Furthermore the flats are cool, but if you could make them look more 3D it would be easier to see where the player can walk and what is impassible.

I loved the original movie BTW. Super Inframan was one of those classic so-bad-it's-good movies. Even the name is bad; Infra means lower or less so he is actually called "less than a man". It's not exactly a cool name when you think about it :-)

t.v. said:
Infra means lower or less so he is actually called "less than a man". It's not exactly a cool name when you think about it :-) [/B]

Oh god, that's funny shit. I never thought about that.

Did you download it within the last week or two? I can't remember when I uploaded the newest version that makes the enemies less overwhelming and the walls stand out more. Re-download it and lemme know if it's better or the same version you played.

While I've been finishing Beyond the Doorway I decided to update Inframan to version 1.5!

- 3 difficulty settings: EASY, TOUGH, and NASTY
- briefings give visual aids telling you what the level targets are, and what to do with them
- Infra-Blades don't cut through walls anymore
- floor tiles cleaned up to look less like wall tiles
- a few minor things

Check the first post for the download!