• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

New advertisement for BMW: Above and beyond the rest

LMAO, BMW monster truck madness?

Hellbent said:

the driver momentarily confused the gas with the break.

This happens often to someone switching from manual to automatic (you expect your left foot to be near the leftmost clutch pedal, and so you press on the "middle" pedal with your right foot....which however is really the rightmost one aka the gas pedel, as there's no clutch, although given the driver in question, I doubt she'd ever drove a manual transmission car.

Hellbent said:

the driver momentarily confused the gas with the break.

BRAKE

The video almost seems fake to me. If real, I'm impressed a road 4x4 was able to do it.

The bump up from the litte curb thing between the parking spaces is what helped it jump onto the cars in front. Without that there it'd have just plowed into the fronts of them.

Shaikoten said:

Ahaha. The driver was female, Asian, and elderly.

Why am I not surprised? I was at least banking on "elderly" when I saw this. I don't know why, but every time I hear of a car crashing through a storefront, it's always an elderly person, and their excuse is always "the car just suddenly lurched forward" as if they're unaware of what the gas pedal does. Seriously, I've seen so many news articles to this tune that it's not even funny (okay, maybe a little). It even happened where I work once.

Shaikoten said:

Ahaha. The driver was female, Asian, and elderly.

It's a triple threat!

My father saw something like that at the bank he was working at, only someone backed up and landed on a brand new Focus.

Mr. Freeze said:

It's a triple threat!

i don't know about the middle one (Asian) but it's definitely a double threat.

Shaikoten said:

Asians being bad at driving is a typical stupid racial stereotype, although technically that's supposed to refer to East Asian people--this woman was actually Indian.

From what I hear, Indians are the worst. The town of Ladner, B.C. apparently has a very large Indian population and apparently if you dare to stop for a red light or sign there, the guy behind you will honk and swerve around you. My friend spent a month or two living with a friend of his there and apparently this happened to him all the time.

I've been in Toronto for a short time now and some of the most hotheaded drivers are people of some ethnicity. I may sound a tad bit prejudice but I have seen cars honk at a red light. On my street you can't turn left without someone honking the horn expecting you to turn into oncoming traffic.

Oh i dunno, in Japan drivers always let people out of junctions and bow in thier seats to each other (mind you, seatbelts are an alien concept), in India on the other hand a popular optional extra is having your car blessed to protect you from serious accidents, as driving is so dangerous there you might as well turn to the god(s) as much as anything.

Not so sure about China and Korea, mind. Everywhere else in that part of the world is just full of mopeds and it's nearly impossible to drive those things well.