Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Cacowards 2009 - When?

Someone sure is in need to get a Cacoward for his creation... :D

Projects should be released when they are done, not in time for the awards season. It's bad enough that the movie industry is doing this. now even Doom modders start to...

Here's hoping they remember some wads from near the start of this year, all those months ago. COUGHCongestion384COUGH excuse me.

Graf Zahl said:

Mockaward material at best! :D

I think Tribute might steal the Mockaward this year despite its serious gameplay, has a goofy storyline and a couple of not so serious bosses.

Tormentor667 said:

So what's the day's date around actually?

Can't you just leave it be? The way you are pushing this issue is doing you no favors.

dont mind me i'm just bitter that 3 years ago i released Scimitar about 20 mins before the cacowards by pure coencidence of timing and it got totally overlooked both that and the following year despite being the greatest wad evAR!!!

cycloid said:

and it got totally overlooked both that and the following year despite being the greatest wad evAR!!!

I say it's a conspiracy! D:

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Depends I guess...there's at least 3 major projects scheduled to be released in the last few days of the year.

There can be only one!

Sadly my project won't be finished by then [/sarcasm]

Besides, the movie Titanic won a load of awards. It was still shit.

Meat man's one is poison man's another. Or something.

Csonicgo said:

Do you honestly think that we don't see what you're doing?

It would have been more subtle if he didn't go around bumping threads to hype his project.

I'm a bit new to the Cacoward process, but how and where do you go about nominating stuff for them?

Shaikoten said:

On or around Doom's birthday, usually slightly later. Scuba is a lazy fuck <3

That would actually be me

Nomad said:

I'm a bit new to the Cacoward process, but how and where do you go about nominating stuff for them?

I believe this might be what your looking for.

Shaikoten said:

On or around Doom's birthday, usually slightly later. Scuba is a lazy fuck <3

Bullshit! I finish my articles and website before the due date... we usually end up waiting on the second reviewer... ("Oh yeah I'd love to help"... "uhh... yeah I'll get to it")

Crap... This is coming up in less than a month!

Graf Zahl said:

Can't you just leave it be? The way you are pushing this issue is doing you no favors.

If we never pushed issues, things wouldn't get done.
While you are correct that speculation at this point does pretty much nothing AFARIC, getting in the notion of egging them on will prevent a potential blunder! Heh

Nonetheless I think SS does a great job and I'm looking forward to it once again this year.

Have some patience. If you don't manage to submit your wad that you badly seem to want a cacoward for by the time of this year's cacowards arrival, then just let it be one of the first wads to be considered for next year's cacowards. Does it really have to be this year?

Also I don't like this vibe I am starting to get that some authors may just be creating wads in hopes of getting some sort of award or recognition, instead of just doing it for fun.

lupinx-Kassman said:

If you don't manage to submit your wad that you badly seem to want a cacoward for by the time of this year's cacowards arrival, then just let it be one of the first wads to be considered for next year's cacowards. Does it really have to be this year?

Wasn't there a runner up that was just a runner up because it was released at an awkward time? That's the only thing I'd be worried about.

The original Deus Vult was, I believe, but AFAIK the rules have been changed since then so that anything released after the previous year's Cacowards was considered as part of the current year.

That happened years ago to Daedalus. Honestly, however, I hated it and I might not have awarded it anything.

Releasing a project days before the Cacowards is probably a sure way to be overlooked. I write everything up a week in advance... but usually start the next year's txt file right after Doom's birthday.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Also I don't like this vibe I am starting to get that some authors may just be creating wads in hopes of getting some sort of award or recognition, instead of just doing it for fun.

Hey, who can say no to all the money and chicks?