Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Hell Ground - 7 levels megawad by Eternal

Those are some pretty impressive looking shots. I really like some of those pseudo sloped bits of architecture.

TheeXile said:

Wow. You sure that's Boom?

Heh, yeah. You can't play this wad with DOS BOOM. Some maps are very big. 40000+ sidefs. Also you need support of hires, tall patches and ogg music. The only ports I know can handle this wad correctly are gzdoom and glboom-plus. Size of this wad is about 60mb.

ArmouredBlood said:

No skulltag? :(

Did not tests it with skulltag. Skulltag == gzdoom in my mind, so I think it should work perfectly too. The only problem I can assume is stretched skies. The latest versions of gzdoom and glboom-plus do not stretch skies anymore. I can't use 'forcenoskystretch' MAPINFO option for old version of gzdoom, because of shit with zdoom (http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/Screenshot_Doom_20091111_143627.png)

Of course it also works with prboom-plus and zdoom (not so cool without hires though), but you need the latest svn build of zdoom, because of problems with MBF skies

There are a lot of bugs with Edge and Vavoom (wrong rendering and unsupported some of BOOM features) so it's impossible to play with these ports.

Mechadon said:

I really like some of those pseudo sloped bits of architecture.

They instantly reminded me of King REoL's REoL Architecture™ or whatever he called it.

kristus said:

REOL DETAIL :O

Reol used 1 unit wide sector slopes though.

That was it! :)

That was also like 10 years ago and he didn't build a reject table, so it ran like garbage on all but the most high-end systems (which was apparently a point of pride).

This episode won't be slaughter maps, will it?

david_a said:

This episode won't be slaughter maps, will it?

No, it does not. I finished all maps without savegames and with demo recording (with a few death though). On map07 I used savegames (with demo recording also), because it is very big (43k sidefs) and I did not want to restart from scratch. I have died only four times (because I am lamer).

No, it does not.

Color me disappointed.

Edit : not to say it's bad, but Eternal makes the best slaughtermaps in my opinion, while his normal levels are "merely" very good.

Ahhh, another cacoward contender I see. Does eternal do anything other than make doom maps?

Patrick said:

Does eternal do anything other than make doom maps?

No for the last week. He works about 14 hours per day with this shit. Hope you will like it :)

It bothers me how everything in the "green" screen shot is green except for the hanging body and stimpacks. I feel like the only items that would fit in there is Armor, Armor bonuses, and bullet boxes. And maybe those green torches.

entryway said:

Some maps are very big. 40000+ sidefs. Also you need support of hires, tall patches and ogg music. The only ports I know can handle this wad correctly are gzdoom and glboom-plus. Size of this wad is about 60mb.

Risen3D supports all of these. As such it should run in said port. Looking forward to this ... :)

hawkwind said:

Risen3D supports all of these. As such it should run in said port. Looking forward to this ... :)

Read PM