Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

Starsiege: TRIBES

Does anyone kno if anyone still plays tribes. I used to play with my dad for countless hours and i just noticed tribes went freeware so i really needed a memory jog.

I don't, but it's still amazing. Tribes 2 is freeware now too, but since the community worked off of CD keys and these keys no longer exist, it's useless to play. There is, however, a freeware clone of Tribes 2 (the name of which I can't remember off of the top of my head) which is very good. The problem with going back to Tribes is that you generally suck coming back, and the people playing it are amazing because they haven't stopped playing. It's a really hard game to get back into the swing of because it's so complex.

I used to be a serious tournament player, but if I played it now, I would get ripped apart.

TribesNext, this isn't a "clone", it actually is Tribes 2. There is a new master server and the game has been patched to remove the CD key nonsense. Also the developers have Sierras permission to distribute it.

The community however is really small. There's only one real server(run by SA users), the rest are either empty or full of bots. If you want to play a 64 player game, I recommend playing between 10pm-1am EST on weekends. I usually play for about an hour every night.

Yeah, the game I was talking about was not TribesNext, that was still in development when I was playing the other one.

It would be nice to finally play the game I bought the day it came out and then lost the CD key to. I've never properly played the real Tribes 2 online for more than a couple of minutes, because my computer at the time could only run it at about 8 FPS.