Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgef551

Quantifying the Death Trap Experience

I haven't ridden an elevator in over a year. The last one I rode was in the Bumrungrad International Hospital. Getting to see all of Bangkok from a glass elevator was pretty intense. That's the only elevator that's ever caught my attention.

deathbringer said:

My workplace has a lift with old-fashioned manual concertina doors. It even smells like a museum piece.

I'd love to find an old original elevator. I did find a 30's Otis, but it was badly modernized. Ruined. At least the cab was mostly original, and had a weird hourglass shape to it (probably for guiderails).

Patrick said:

I haven't ridden an elevator in over a year. The last one I rode was in the Bumrungrad International Hospital. Getting to see all of Bangkok from a glass elevator was pretty intense. That's the only elevator that's ever caught my attention.

Scenic ones are the best, especially at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0v4fgQMZg

Got another few from Worcester. Another death trap as well. Not as scary as the Galleria, but the rocking shook the camera worse.
(To many people's relief here, that won't be for awhile, as it's in a backlog.)

MikeRS said:

I find it more interesting how your finger bends at 15 seconds in

That's because when I press the buttons, it's usually not a light press. I usually use the index to push, and middle finger to support the index finger.
I'm not gentle on them. :)