Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

The Konami Code - Cheat On Facebook

You all know cheat codes, most old games have the punchkey-sequence cheats (iddqd), and now, so do websites.

Try it on the main page of Facebook! Load it up, punch in the good ol' Konami Code you learned from the days of Contra, hit Enter, get +30 lives unlock a secret. Click anywhere and be amazed (note: needs flash and/or javascript enabled).

Behold, it is not only Facebook sporting the Code, the following website has a complete list of all the websites the cheat works on:

http://konamicodesites.com/

If you don't remember the Code, I'm sure someone here MAY tell you.

Heh, that's pretty interesting, I haven't seen anything like this before....

I don't have a facebook account but I tried it on Google Reader and Digg, so heh.

edit: the JQuery one is awesome

By "punch in" do you mean type it in a particular spot? All I did was go to facebook.com and just typed the Konami code randomly, pressed enter, clicked, and nothing happened.

EDIT: Nevermind, for I am a retard and was thinking of the wrong code. Plus it's nothing special that comes up.

Reciting the Konami Code seems to always be the first line of offense in one's attempt to prove how Nintendo Hard they are.

MikeRS said:

I don't have a facebook account but I tried it on Google Reader and Digg, so heh.

I lack a Facebook account as well, I just did it on facebook.com directly and it worked.

Ed said:

Reciting the Konami Code seems to always be the first line of offense in one's attempt to prove how Nintendo Hard they are.

Heh.

Abyssalstudios1 said:

*Tries it on Doomworld.com*

DAMN IT! IT ISN'T WORKING!

It's IDDQD on Doomworld.

I never played consoles when I was a kid so I have no idea what it is. I heard it involves As and Bs, and possibly direction arrows.

For the benefit of whoever doesn't know...since I won't assume everybody should :P

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A

This code works for me in Contra...though sometimes I understand it also uses Select and Start. I'm not sure what the accepted "Konami Code" is, but what I wrote there is what I know, so...

StupidBunny said:

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A

Doesn't seem to do anything. Hmmm...

Danarchy said:

Doesn't seem to do anything. Hmmm...

You have to press Enter after the code on Facebook.