Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Linkara reviews Doom Comic

God I'm so tired of these retarded AVGN/Nostalgia Critic/Linkara style videos. Apparently if you can talk loud about something and wave your finger in the camera, you're funny.

Krispavera said:

God I'm so tired of these retarded AVGN/Nostalgia Critic/Linkara style videos. Apparently if you can talk loud about something and wave your finger in the camera, you're funny.

Yeah well that's just like your baseless opinion man.

I enjoyed early nostalgia critic and AVGN but to me the humor has become trite. Dunno what else there is to say.

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Well... that's... like... urrrr... just... likeee.... urrr... your... opinion.... dude...

Actually, I found this guy more entertaining than AVGN. But that's hardly something that should impress anyone since I find the AVGN to be a kin to an monkey with ADD and a video camera.

Like Krispavera said.
Though this guy actually sais something. While the Angry Video Game Tard only look pissed off, gulps down a few loads of his cheap ass beer then say something like "muther fucker

We need to find a real comical voice actor and make this comic into a full-fledged dramatic narration.

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

His opinion means more to us as community (can I be as bold to assume?) then yours, chuckle fuck.

Yeah, I couldn't stand more than a couple of minutes of this. I find the AVGN videos entertaining, but this guy is just tedious.

I suspect that "comedy videos" like these are the Web 2.0 generation version of webcomics: ie. almost entirely shit because almost all the people making them simply aren't funny.

There's some parts of this review I disagree with and some I don't.

I'm not much a comic book reader so I was a little bothered with his criticism about how the backgrounds are just blank colors. At least the things you are SUPPOSED to be looking at are detailed.

Also his criticism of having minimal plot and just going into room after room killing demons, that really IS the plot of doom. If you are looking for what the plot of Doom is, the author of this comic captures it pretty accurately.

But I do agree the dialogue is pretty extreme. and injected with way too much testosterone.

That said, I initially thought the doom comic was really bad, but it after this review it actually does seem like a really good medium between two totally unrelated topics. But it kinda sucks how he mentioned that the doom comic comes up first if you google it but made no mention of "Doomworld.com" as the generous fellows that made it available for him to review. What a jerk.

Krispavera said:

+1

Cutman said:

I'm surprised no ones taken up the role of the Angry Doom WAD player.

That's my role :D:D:D

And holy shit, I only lasted about 3 seconds. The narrator needs to stop worshiping That Guy with The Glasses.

40oz said:

I'm not much a comic book reader so I was a little bothered with his criticism about how the backgrounds are just blank colors. At least the things you are SUPPOSED to be looking at are detailed.

In the examples he showed in particular. Any kind of background details would have been distracting and essentially made the art less "readable".

40oz said:

Also his criticism of having minimal plot and just going into room after room killing demons, that really IS the plot of doom. If you are looking for what the plot of Doom is, the author of this comic captures it pretty accurately.
But I do agree the dialogue is pretty extreme. and injected with way too much testosterone.

That said, I initially thought the doom comic was really bad, but it after this review it actually does seem like a really good medium between two totally unrelated topics.

I've always considered it rather cool in the respect of how it's such an obvious joke on the game. It seems to me that the reviewer just miss the point of the comic entirely. it's not a "good" comic. But it's not supposed to be. It's kind of like the movie Braindead.

Yeah, this fails it. Even the names of the authors make it quite clear that the comic is a parody, itself. DOOM doesn't need a comic, so only a silly and over-the-top one makes sense.

For the same reason, the movie is passable as a non-serious thing.

RIP AND TEAR

MY CAUSE IS JUST...

AND MY WILL IS STRONG...

AND MY GUN.

IS VERY.. VERY LARGE.

footman said:

Oh for the love of... When did this topic degenerate into QQ Whiny Bitchfest?

I'm gonna say this when I make a thread my wad and no one likes it.

Technician said:

We need to find a real comical voice actor and make this comic into a full-fledged dramatic narration.

Heh on that matter, I had looong ago made a rendition of my own, or rather, a sort of inside joke drama from the time I was active in the modding of a certain RTS game.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/37496-a-new-doom-drama-doomguy-meets-warlords/

It was also one of my first posts here on DW.

The links on that site however are dead and I can't update the thread anymore except by bumping it, which I won't do.

Here are the new links: (contains other non-Doom related audio scripts/dramas too).

Extreme voice acting/pump up humour clip

FOr the Doom drama thingy, go to WBC Doom Daemon Lovers, Where DOOM meets WBC 3.