Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

My "short" story has a title finally! UPMC: Anderson's Tale. Oh yeah, part 4...

Part 1, part 2 and part 3 can be found with a bit of link clicking. Anyway, on with the story.

I stayed up for the rest of that night thinking. I had originally thought the Sarge was a bit of an ass. As it ended out, he was only an ass because he was trying to be a Sargent. He was a good person underneath it all, as I had seen when he came up to me and warned me that the weapon modifications might come up in my debriefing. He also had some intelligence up there in his head. I wondered for a while whether he joined in similar circumstances to my own. If that was the case, just how many other people thought that to make a difference you had to be on the front line? In a universe as big as ours, I surely couldn’t be the only one to think that. Was intelligence in an office better than intelligence on the battlefield? I eventually got myself out of that line of thought. I now had a squadron of my own to look after until the UP sent out a rescue party, and thinking about things that could have been was no way to run a unit.
My first order of business was to rearrange the groups. We started off with 14 people at the start of the mission (including the two pilots), and now we had 10. Elaine and myself stayed in the first group, Yeomans joined group two, Atkinson joined group 3, and Chambers and Cantrell stayed by themselves in group 4.
Next, I decided we had to find a place that was strategically easier to defend. The original plan while the Sarge was still with us was fine if we were going to be here for a couple of days, but I had no idea how long it would take the UP to come and get us. We would run out of supplies within a few days, so I decided that we should raid warehouses and the like to obtain supplies. If anyone followed us back to this cave, we would be cornered with no way out. If we could find somewhere that we could attack anyone advancing but leave nowhere for enemy troops to come behind us, we would have a higher chance of survival than in this hole.
We split up in to our groups for the day with the plan to meet back at the cave. Group 3 was given the duty to defend the cave if needed while the rest of us went searching.

Elaine and myself were walking along the bottom of a cliff’s face when she said, “The weather is lovely.”
I gave a bit of a chuckle. “What did your dad want you to do anyway?”
“Oh, the usual. Go to university. Get a good job. Of course, he had only one or two jobs he considered good, but they were boring. Since when was accounting a good job?”
“Accounting isn’t boring,” I said. “Look at all those numbers you get to play with! They’d freak me out!” I said, overacting.
“Big bad numbers, huh?” she said back, almost laughing as she said it.
“Get back in to your correct column number or I’ll smack you down so far with a compound interest case you’ll have numbers coming out of your ass for the next year!” I was really overacting now, and it had the desired effect of getting a laugh.
“What about you?” she asked after she stopped laughing. “What would you be doing if you weren’t in the Marines?”
I thought about this for a minute. I had considered several careers before I joined the Marines. Unfortunately, none of them would allow me to make much of a difference to everyone. My career choice ended out to be a good one – I had made one hell of a difference now that the Emperor was dead. “I honestly don’t know,” I told her.

We got back to the cave an hour before dusk. We had found a good location for our new temporary base along the base of the cliff we were at earlier. A cave was located a few metres off the ground in the cliff face. We climbed up in to it and found there to be a lot of space inside and a clear view of the surrounding area. Anyone coming in from above us would have a hell of a difficult time doing so.
Speaking with the other groups revealed that they had found caves similar to the one we were currently in but nothing like the one Elaine and myself found. I made the decision to move to the cliff. By nightfall, we had moved all our weapons and supplies to the new cave.

The first real mission I gave to anyone occurred the next day. We needed to find somewhere that we could steal supplies from. Group 4 was to stay behind and guard the new cave, while the other groups were to go on a reconnaissance mission. There was no way that we could have gone in to any sort of town or settlement without alerting the OA to our presence, so I ordered everyone to only observe anything they may find with binoculars. All groups were to return to the cave before nightfall.
Elaine and myself were quickly becoming good friends. We talked almost all the time about all sorts of stuff. We had the same views on a lot of issues so I could easily relate to her that way. I also learnt a bit about her history. Her mother died when she was 7, so her father had to raise her all by himself. My guess is that he didn’t want Elaine to die either so he wanted her to do those “boring” jobs that held minimal risk to her life. I could imagine what his thoughts would be in regards to her joining the Marines. She hadn’t died yet after two missions, and there was no way I was going to let a friend die if I had a choice. I didn’t tell her this though. It would probably freak her out to find out someone that she had known only for a few days would do what he could to keep her alive. Sure, Marines looked out for each other and all that, but I would look out for her first before any other Marines.
We found the edge of the forest and examined the surrounding area. There was a township a few clicks away. Staying as well covered as we could, we made our way towards the township.
It was a decent sized town. It had the usual grocery stores, a comparatively small civilian population, and no military presence. Unless someone else found a better town, this town would be the town we would raid for supplies.

Group 2 had spied the same town as us, but from a different angle. The direction we were viewing it from was the urban side of town. The town was based on one side of a river, with the commercial district almost on the riverbank and houses directly after the commercial zone. Group 3 had found nothing. I decided that we would raid the town the next day. Groups 2, 3, and 4 were to raid the town while my group stayed back and kept the cave free of any intruders.

The three groups had been gone most of the day and it was almost the time that they were scheduled to come back. My day had consisted of sitting in the entrance of the cave, talking to Elaine, and not much else. The day was about to get a lot more interesting though.
Some movement within some trees caught my eye. I called Elaine to the front of the cave. She came with her sniper rifle and set herself up. Just after she had done that, Chambers emerged from the trees. I was about to say something when a puff of dirt and a few chunks of soil and rock sprouted up from the ground just to the side and behind him.
“Get the fuck back in the trees, Chambers!” I yelled. He turned around and started to go off when a bullet struck his leg. He still had his armour on so he was only taken by surprise.
I put on my helmet and started speaking in to my headset. “All groups, there is a sniper above our position. Do not, I repeat, do not come back to the cave.” Elaine started to get up but I stopped her. “Stay here and keep a look out for any other OA troops. I’m going rock climbing.”
I looked up the cliff face. I could see where the sniper was set up, but his viewing angle wouldn’t allow him to see me. I slung my KT-54 and proceeded to climb up the cliff face.
I was about half way up when gunfire erupted within the trees. The OA must have had something planned for at least a few hours to have had both a sniper set up and some troops in waiting. I couldn’t do anything about the fight in the trees half way up a cliff face so I kept on climbing.
I was almost at the top of the cliff. If I climbed up much higher the sniper would be able to see me. The barrel of his gun looked as if it was within arm reach. An idea entered my head. I found secure hand and foot holds and reached up with my left hand. I grabbed the barrel of the rifle and pulled it away. The sniper wasn’t expecting this and as a result it came away easily. I brought my arm down and released the rifle, and bought it back up with my pistol in hand. As I hoped, the sniper leaned over the edge with a pistol in his hand. He saw me and started to aim his gun at me, but he didn’t have a chance. The end of my gun found his face, and a bullet found the back of his head. The sniper slumped. I climbed up the rest of the cliff and lied down close to the edge. I remembered that I had my helmet on and said in to the receiver, “The sniper has been neutralised. All groups, fall back in to the cave.”
I had taken the time to reattach my OCTS to my KT-54 when we found the first cave. If I didn’t grab the OCTS back on the Potemkin I would have been useless up here without a decent weapon. The fighting was now moving out of the trees and towards the face of the cliff. The OA troopers who were stupid enough to move out of the trees didn’t have a chance. The OCTS recognised them as enemies, I had it set for a head shot, and all I had to do was aim and fire. The OA troops didn’t have a chance. They were too busy with my fellow Marines to aim up towards me. After five minutes, I was convinced that there were no more OA troops around and proceeded to make my way down the cliff.
All the surviving marines were in the cave; Elaine, Woodward, Watkins, Chambers, Cantrell and myself. I decided to rearrange the groups again. Watkins would join my group while Woodward would join Chambers’ and Cantrell’s group.
“Marines,” I started to say, “this position is no longer a secure position. The OA knows we’re here and they know we’re dangerous.”
“We’ll have a better chance defending this cave than meeting the OA out in the middle of the bush,” said Cantrell.
“That is true, which is why I’ve decided that’s exactly what we’re going to do.” Elaine gave me a surprised look, while everyone else let it sink in. “My group will go collect all the weapons and ammo that the OA troops were carrying. We’re going to need it if the OA come in force. I’ll discuss the rest of the plan when we get back. Elaine, Watkins, let’s go.”
Elaine came up to me while we were collecting the weapons. “This is fucking suicide, Bill.”
“No, it’s not, Elaine.” She was about to protest but I didn’t let her. “Remember way back in the 19th century when a handful of British soldiers held off wave after wave of Zulu’s from a cottage?”
“Yeah, but the Zulu’s didn’t have grenades and TMLs back in those days,” she nearly snapped.
I stopped still and turned Elaine to face me. “Listen. If I didn’t think we had a good chance of survival, I wouldn’t be as stupid as to stay in a position the OA knows we’re in. Right now, we only have one advantage over the OA – we know they’re coming. They may have more people to throw at us, but we can set up a good defence and lay traps in the surrounding area.”
I was looking her directly in the eye while I said all that. She was silent for a minute, and then finally resigned. “Fine. But if I get killed I’ll haunt you forever in whatever afterlife we may have.”
“I’ll welcome it if that is the case,” I told her.

I figured that we’d have at least a couple of hours before the OA sent out a bigger squad to eliminate us. Even so, I wanted all the traps to be set up within an hour. We set the fuses for some grenades to instantaneous detonation and set up trip wire traps just at the tree line and twenty metres behind the tree line. Next, we checked what weapons we had. We requisitioned 24 OA machine guns (we did not know what model they were because we were never told in training), over 100 clips for the OA guns, and 50 OA grenades from the dead OA troops. From our stocks, we had (including my stuff) 8 KT-54s, 1 TML, 1 Assault Cannon, 2 sniper rifles, 50 clips for the KT-54s, 4 clips of 6 rockets for the TML, 1000 shells for the assault cannon, 20 clips of 5 bullets for the rifles, 20 DF .45 pistols, 45 clips for the pistols, 100 grenades, and my 12-gauge shotgun with 100 shells. I had no doubt that we’d end out using it all.
Next was to work out where everyone would be most effective. I wanted a TML and at least one sniper rifle up on the cliff top, so I sent Watkins up there with Woodward. They both took twenty grenades each. Their task was to stop anyone with TMLs or grenades striking at the cave. We were all still in our camo armour, so Woodward found a tree up on top of the cliff to hide in while Watkins would run from position to position along the cliff to avoid enemy fire.
Cantrell set up the Assault Cannon at the entrance of the cave. There was adequate cover for him. Elaine found a dark spot near the entrance and set up her sniper rifle. The silencer attached to the rifle should stop a lot of the flash from the muzzle when she fired and hence makes it harder to hit her. Chambers had to settle for a KT-54, while I still had access to my KT-54 with OCTS and my 12-gauge shotgun for close encounters.
Now that everyone was set up, all we had to do was wait.

Nightfall arrived and everyone flipped their InfraRed Lenses down on their helmets. There would be a lot of gunfire when the OA arrived, and the flashes from the guns would play havoc with the Night Vision lenses.
It was getting near midnight when an explosion erupted within the trees. It had begun. One or more OA troops had found one of our trip wires. “This is it, Marines. Stay alert or we’re dead,” I said into my helmet’s receiver. “Try to aim for the head, they’ve probably got armour on and our bullets are no match for armour.”
Another three explosions went off before the first trooper reached the edge of the trees. Simmons let off a round and got the trooper between the eyes. An explosion erupted just on the edge of the tree line. They were getting closer.
Before long, all the trip wires had been detonated. By this time, OA troops were trying to get past the trees. Those that ventured out were taken out in a timely fashion by our two snipers. A commander must have decided that going past the trees was suicide and as a result OA troops stopped coming out of the trees. That made things difficult.
“Watkins, fire a few missiles in to the trees,” I said. “Let’s see if we can get them to go back even further.”
A few seconds later, missiles flew from the top of the cliff. Trees exploded and some bodies flew. I was taken by surprise when a bullet smacked in to my chest. The armour stopped it. I was glad that it wasn’t a higher velocity bullet of the likes used by the Emperor’s guard. I was trying to recover when another one hit my arm. The armour stopped it again. “Woodward, Simmons, there’s a sniper out there somewhere. See if you can’t locate him.”
I ducked further in to cover. I said to Cantrell, “Let loose a few shells along the trees.”
The Assualt Cannon made the sniper move back. He had found a scrubby bush to hide in. Watkins had missed it with his TML so the sniper must have decided that the position would do. This movement gave away his position to Woodward. The sniper wouldn’t be hitting me – or anyone else – ever again.
For 10 minutes no one came out of the trees. Watkins kept on attacking areas he saw movement and in most cases was greeted with a body or two flying away from the explosion. Cantrell made occasional sweeps of the tree line with his Assault Cannon.
Watkins hadn’t fired for half a minute. I was beginning to think something was wrong when people started to emerge from the trees. I should have thought earlier that Watkins and Woodward wouldn’t be wholly safe up on the cliff. On the plus side, a lot of the OA force had been neutralised, but on the negative, two Marines were dead. I decided not to dwell on those thoughts right then as the OA troops started to open fire.
Cantrell let loose with his Assault Cannon. The Assault Cannon used high-velocity explosive-tipped bullets. The armour that the OA troops wore was no match for it. Elaine kept herself busy with her rifle, Chambers did what he could with his KT-54, and I picked off people selectively with my OCTS. I switched it over to semi-automatic so that I could save ammo.
Things started to go bad when Cantrell ran out of ammo for his Assault Cannon. I told him to get on grenade duty. Unfortunately, the grenades weren’t being as effective as they could be. The time it took Cantrell to let loose a grenade and kill an OA trooper was enough time for two more to take the trooper’s place. I had no choice but to keep Cantrell throwing grenades and Elaine on sniper duty because taking up KT-54’s would have been less effective and would have opened them to more danger than what they were currently in.
I was amazed at how many troops just kept on coming. My guess was that the Omega-Class destroyers were carrying a few thousand troops as well – there was no way that this planet could have afforded to throw this many troops at us without outside support. They kept on getting closer, and we kept on killing as many troops as possible.
They were within 5 metres of the cave entrance now. It wouldn’t be before long that we would have OA troops at the entrance of the cave. My thoughts jumped back to a few hours ago while I mindlessly pointed the gun towards an OA troop, fired, and let the OCTS do the rest. Elaine had come up to me and said this was suicide, and by the looks of things she was going to be right.
The unexpected happened. A few attack craft flew past over the heads of the OA troops. After identifying what side the troops were on, they had left loose some missiles. A split second after they finished flying overhead, explosions erupted all along the base of the cliff. This could only mean that the UP’s rescue party had finally arrived in the system and were successful in eliminating any orbital resistance that they may have come across. The remaining OA troops must have seen that the craft were coming back for another run, and as a result were retreating in to the trees. The pilots of the craft saw this and aimed their weapons for the trees. Again, the attack craft flew over, and a split second later the trees erupted with explosions.
Once trees and rocks had stopped flying, we exited the cave. We looked for the attack craft and found them getting ready to make another run. I fished a flare out of my pocket (standard issue emergency equipment for all missions) and lit it. The light was sufficient enough to warrant the removal of our InfraRed lenses. I waved it to let the pilots know that we were indeed UP Marines.
One of the pilots set his craft down 10 metres away from us. He jumped out of the cockpit and met us half way. The pilot looked at our uniforms and saw that we were all of the same rank and then asked, “Who’s in charge here?”
“I am, Sir,” I told him. “Acting Sargent William Anderson, Sir.”
“I don’t need to tell you people how lucky you are. If we had got in system any later, you would have been dead.” Elaine looked at me with an “I told you so” look. The pilot continued, “But as it is, you just did one hell of a job defending yourselves. The OA didn’t want to fuck around and had sent out 250 troops to take care of you.” This took me back for a minute. 250 troops? How many had we killed before the attack craft arrived?
“Sir,” Elaine said, “I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we want to get off this planet as soon as possible. Our pilots are dead and we have no way of getting our dropship back in to orbit.”
“I’ll send a message to get a transport down to this location as soon as possible,” he said walking back to the craft.
He had climbed back in to the cockpit when Chambers finally said something. “250 fucking OA troops? Fuck. They could have easily wiped us out if they were given two or three more minutes.”
Before Elaine could say something, I said, “Were they given those two or three more minutes? No, they weren’t. We came out of it alive, and we’re going to get back in to orbit alive.”
“We were this fucking close, Bill!” Elaine exclaimed, measuring an inch with her thumb and forefinger.
“Would we even still be alive if we were still in the cave we first found?” I asked. “What about if we were ambushed by 250 soldiers in the middle of the forest? We wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes. There are too many could-have-been scenarios for what has happened, but the fact of the matter is that what has been has left us alive.” This made everyone think for a second, but before anyone else could say anything the pilot interrupted. He had come back out of his cockpit and was about a metre away from us.
“You’re the lot that got the Emperor?” he asked.
“We are them, Sir,” I said, remembering what the captain had said just before we abandoned ship.
“I’d imagine you’d be pissed off then to find out that the war won’t be ending any time soon,” he said.
Cantrell said, “What?” in a semi-angry voice before he quickly closed his mouth. I just calmly said, “Excuse me, Sir?”
“You’ll find out when you’re in orbit. I’ve got places to be so I’ll leave you here now. A dropship will be down within half an hour.” With that, he got back in the cockpit and took off. 20 minutes later, a dropship landed almost on the exact spot the pilot landed on. Everyone else boarded before me. I took one last look at the cave and the carnage that was scattered all around the base of the cliff. I had finally made a difference to something important, and now I was being told that the war wouldn’t be ending as a result of my actions. There’d better be a fucking good reason for the war to continue.

Elaine pulled me aside while we were ascending through the atmosphere to speak to me in private. I thought I knew what she was going to say but she started before I could say anything. “Bill, look, I’m sorry about earlier. It’s just that I realised down there when…” She drifted off for a second before she looked at me and said, “I realised that I don’t want to die. That was the closest to death I have ever came and I didn’t like it in the slightest.”
It wasn’t what I was expecting her to say, but I knew I had to say something. I grabbed her shoulder and said, “Elaine, I made a decision when you told me about what your father wanted you to do as a career. My guess is that he wanted you to take up one of those boring careers because they have a minimal risk to your life. I decided that you wouldn’t be dieing while in the Marines if I had anything to do about it. It’s bad enough having squad mates die, but I’ve gotten to know you better over the past couple of days and I’m not going to let someone I’ve taken the time to know die on me.”
I could hear it in her voice that she was holding back tears. She said, “Thank you, Bill,” and turned away.

The UP had started assembling a rescue fleet the minute they heard that the Emperor was dead. As far as they knew, they’d be up against 10 Omega-Class destroyers, so they assembled a fleet to destroy 15 without too much difficulty. This ended out to be overkill. 5 of the destroyers had left the system after dropping off 7500 troops. The other destroyers managed to take out 2 UP ships before they were destroyed. The UP sent all-purpose attack craft to strafe the planet’s surface and kill any OA troops they found. The pilot we spoke to had seen the troops moving towards our position on a return trip to his mothership. He demanded to lead an attack squadron as soon as possible back down to the planet to take out those troops and any others that may get in the way. I unfortunately never saw him again and as a result never got to give him a proper thanking.

A General greeted us aboard. “I have been given the honour to extend the United Planet’s thanks towards your squadron. Every one of the 23rd Potemkin did an excellent job down there. Unfortunately, your success has been marred by an event which is out of your control.” I was relieved to hear this. It wasn’t our fault that the war wasn’t ending. “I understand that all of you are weary and want some rest right now, but I believe it will be better to let you know just what has happened before you do so.”
The General led us to a briefing room. We all took a seat and the General proceeded to explain everything. “A day after we received word that the Emperor had died, we received a video transmission from a key OA member. We have this transmission ready for you to watch.” The General clicked a button and the video screen dropped down. The lights dimmed and the transmission started.
A red curtained background with an OA logo hanging down from the roof was the backdrop for a man known to many as one of the Emperor’s closest servants. He was in control of a large section of the Emperor’s army. He proceeded to speak. “This transmission is directed at everyone in this galaxy, be it as a member of the glorious Orion Allegiance or as a member of the United Planets. Today, we reveal to everyone some facts that will affect the whole galaxy. It is a fact that yesterday, on the planet Mallarion in the star system Birakas, the Emperor committed suicide after being captured by some United Planets Marines.” I got a mention in a galaxy-wide transmission. How’s that for making a difference? He continued, “We believe that he did so because he did not want to be tortured for the rest of his days.” That was bullshit. The UP has never used torture as a means of interrogating prisoners. “The Emperor will be missed by those that know him personally and those of you that supported him throughout our society.
“However, the Emperor is not crucial to the way we go about our normal daily lives, or the way in which we wage a war.” I immediately thought that this next bit should be interesting. “The Orion Allegiance can and will remain fully functional without the Emperor. Many of you will be under the impression that a new Emperor will take the old Emperor’s place. In a way, this is true. While this person may not be known to anyone, he is certainly not new in regards to commanding an empire.” There was movement in the curtains and something stepped out of them.
Whatever it was, it definitely was not human.
The Emperor’s servant continued while I tried to interpret what I was seeing. “The Emperor was not the supreme ruler of the Orion Allegiance as most of you would believe. He in fact took orders from someone not of the human species. You must understand that with the human race’s past history of xenophobia and genocide on any aliens encountered we were unable to announce who was ruling our Empire.”
The alien looked vaguely humanoid. It had two arms and stood upright, but that was where the similarities ended. The closest I could describe it was some sort of snake mutated with a few human features. I couldn’t see the bottom half of its body but my guess is that it didn’t have legs. It had gills so my assumption was that the race was naturally aquatic. How it was breathing outside of water was unknown to me.
It finally spoke in a deep voice. “Your Emperor was in charge of this empire once. I had been observing the Orion Allegiance for a year when the events that led to this war occurred. I believed that the Orion Allegiance was in the right and the United Planets were in the wrong, so I approached your Emperor to offer my assistance. He was glad to take my assistance after I showed him a fail proof plan for the OA’s first strike, and he decided that I should tell him what to do and how to win the war.”
The Emperor’s servant spoke again. “With the old Emperor dead, we took the steps to swear in the new Emperor. Emperor T’Kek’Groth is the new ruler of the Orion Allegiance. With him, we will win, and we will see the United Planets defeated.” With that, the transmission ended.
We were all still trying to absorb the facts when the General spoke. “The worst part is that the people and the military of the Orion Allegiance accept T’Kek’Groth as the new Emperor.”
“How the fuck could they become allies with an alien species?” demanded Cantrell.
“Yeah, we all know what aliens are capable of,” said Chambers.
I remembered my high school history lessons. Two thousand years ago, before humans had colonised the stars, an alien invasion had swept through Earth. It nearly caused the extinction of the human race, but we fought back and eventually stopped the invasion. It took a long time to recover from the invasion, but when they had recovered they finally decided to colonise other planets. To avoid having a repeat performance, they had decided to take a hard line stance on alien relations. Any and all aliens met would be met with hostile force and extreme prejudice. The human race has driven over 100 alien species to extinction. I was never proud of that fact, but in my lifetime the human race hadn’t encountered another alien species.
“Perhaps the aliens have heard about our history and decided that we are a danger to all life in the universe,” I offered.
“That makes no sense, man. Why the fuck would they take sides in a war with us if they want to kill us all?” asked Cantrell.
“Intelligence is trying to find out more information about this alien species, Cantrell,” said the General. “It will do you no good to worry about their motives until we have more concrete information.” The General was right. We should wait until we had more information about T’Kek’Groth before we discussed theories about his motives. I decided that when I got out of the briefing room I would have to re-read the information available as to what started this war and try and look at it from both sides. Whatever I may find out, one thing was eating away at my mind. I had finally made a difference, but in the grand scheme of things it really wasn’t a difference at all.

FINALLY, it's starting to get in to the main part of the plot. MS Word says 22 pages, which is well past the length of most short stories already. The next part might take a while to come because I want to get back in to the mapping frame of mind and finish off some maps I'm working on.

I take it that this "alien invasion" which is being referred to here is the demonic invasion in the Doom games, am I right?
Good story! *thumbs up

When I started writing this story, it had nothing to do with the Doom universe. Technically, it still doesn't. I have left the past in this story open so that people can interpret it however they wanted. It had occured to me that it could very well be the demon invasion I refer to in the story, but on the other hand it could be something else...

You know, I've got the impression that Ling doesn't like non-Doom related stories on this board. I've chosen to regard this story as a slightly Doom related story anyway
:-)

The non-doom related stories are usually John Romero pr0n though... :P

...and then Romero prepared to...

I don't care what part of the forums you're king of, but you can't have the post!!! :P

Heh, I should have had my custom title be God of Post Hell

I don't care what part of the forums you're king of, but you can't have the post!!! :P

Hey, if this thread is conquered by BBG you can just post this part of the story again in a new thread.