Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cjwright79

Vargasi.wad - A medieval village

Little cramped in spots. Also the bricks on the curvy walls to the right of the start look a little weird. Can't really say more at this point, but it plays well.

Every zdoom-based port has a screenshot command, go to options-> customize controls, and skip to the bottom. Under 'Other' there will be something that says screenshot. Bind it to something you won't accidentally press (n works for me) and you can use that.

Another way is to open the console and put in something like "bind screenshot n", I'm not sure exactly on the syntax but that should work.

I like these standard doom2 style maps.

-make little safe spot to start so you are not attacked the instant you spawn.
-lol at the COMPBLUE waterfall
-give the map some direction
-i like the textures and grass

SonicIce said:

-lol at the COMPBLUE waterfall

haha wtf?

I`ll check this out once I get home from work. Looks old school, and I`m a fan of that

Seriously, I am fed up with id's bullshit. They can make slime waterfalls, blood waterfalls, but not water waterfalls? Morbid motherfuckers.

Anyway I refuse to put a blood pool in my little village so I go with compblue. If you guys have any textures you can recommend and instructions on how to include 'em, I'm all ears. :)

Cjwright79 said:

Seriously, I am fed up with id's bullshit. They can make slime waterfalls, blood waterfalls, but not water waterfalls? Morbid motherfuckers.

They did include animations for waterfalls funnily enough, but never used them for some reason. Just stick WFALL1-4 in the wad to make it work.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

They did include animations for waterfalls funnily enough, but never used them for some reason. Just stick WFALL1-4 in the wad to make it work.

what do you have to do exactly?

Huh, I was wondering why when I put the gothic textures into my ep that the waterfall worked but the slimefall didn't (deleted the dehacked lmp as soon as I merged the wads. I guess I should put it back in ...).

Cjwright79 said:

If you guys have any textures you can recommend and instructions on how to include 'em, I'm all ears. :)

Using your favourite wad editor (SLumpEd or XWE) - grab the four WFALL patches from Plutonia.wad (or export, recolour and rename one of the other sets in Doom2.wad), import them into Vargasi.wad (placing them between PP_START/PP_END markers), highlight the patches and (from the right-click menu) add them to Textures. Save changes, close Vargasi.wad in the wad editor and open it in Doom Builder, change COMPBLUE to WFALL1 - enjoy.

I thank you for helping but that sounds like too much work. Love the compblue waterfalls!

It actually matches up fine from a palette perspective.

Thanks!

Edit: Ok there's no luck downloading from that site... on the off chance you are kind enough to email it to me, cjwright79 at shaw.ca. I thank you!