Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
trooper077

Picture texture not working

I used a PNG image for a part of my map,the problem is when i load the testing,it shows up as a checkerboard texture

EDIT:sorry forgot to ask the question,does anyone know how to fix this problem or some advice?

Well, obviously you did something wrong.

But from the information you give it's impossible to guess what.

hmmmm... it could be the way that you imported the image, how did you do it?

or it could be that your testing it without the WAD that has the texture, or PNG just doesn't work.

----EDIT-----

i tried importing a PNG into xwe, and didn't show in Doom Builder, so i tried BMP and it worked fine. PNG = EVIL

Cat God25 said:

hmmmm... it could be the way that you imported the image, how did you do it?

or it could be that your testing it without the WAD that has the texture, or PNG just doesn't work.

----EDIT-----

i tried importing a PNG into xwe, and didn't show in Doom Builder, so i tried BMP and it worked fine. PNG = EVIL

Use Load (raw data), otherwise XWE will attempt to convert the image into Doom format. Was that Doom Builder 1 or 2? I don't think DB1's 3D mode supports PNG.

Using a port that supports PNG images also helps.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Cat God25 said:

Doom does not recognize BMPs as graphics. Doom uses its own unique internal format.

PNG is a far superior format to Doom's own internal one IMO if you are using a port that can display textures in true RGB, such as GZDoom and Doomsday if I recall correctly.

Fisk said:

Doom does not recognize BMPs as graphics. Doom uses its own unique internal format.

However, most WAD Editors (the old Wintex, XWE, various others) will use BMP as the format they use for importing and exporting, which is what leads to the confusion that doom uses BMP files to store its images.