Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

Modern Warfare 2 No spoilers

Yeah this thread might seem useless but i'll do it anyhow trying to give you a breakdown of why this game is so fun to play

The storyline is short but amazing,there is never a dull moment in the game,some of the firefights can get quite intense during the game,The game's difficulty has been amped up on all levels the A.I's on regular are quite the challenge sometimes, whenther they flank you or land a well placed headshot,you will find yourself dying.alot.

I haven't got the chance to try out spec ops yet.

The multiplayer is what was expected,amazing,since our family plays alot of offline multiplayer games we were happy to hear that we can use our classes offline instead of having to use the pre-made classes.

The weapons and the perks in the game are great,They threw away almost every gun from Modern warfare and lined up a brand new list of weapons,the only problem with the weapons would be the AA 12 Shotgun, A fully atomatic shotgun with a 12 clip,Burns through ammo quick and you'll find yourself only using it to clear out three or four rooms before you run out of ammo,stick to the spaz 12,Personally my favorite combo is the 44.magnum with tatical knife perk eqquiped and the riot sheild,this brings sneaking up on you enemies and shanking them much more satisfying

The multiplayer levels are pretty good, main complaint being that some of them are too big or too small for certian game modes

The kills streaks were the main multiplayer attraction for me,The Predator missle being my favorite and the tatical nuke being the most useless of them all,seriously all it does is end the game and the team with the most kills win,don't bother eqquiping it, change it for something else

Thats pretty much modern warfare 2 in a nutshell without spec ops.

OH PS (in the museum DON'T PRESS THE X BUTTON UNLESS GETTING SHAFTED IS FUN TO YOU)

Having actually played the game (...on a console) rather than bitched and moaned about what it doesn't have I came to the following conclusions from playing offline multiplayer with 3 friends, and sampling a few of the single player missions:

-Weapons seem balanced
-Levelling, etc. works well and does actually make playing a bit more fun
-Maps are varied and interesting
-New stuff added over the previous Modern Warfare did have a positive impact
-Game was fun to play
-Difficulties ramp nicely from cakewalk to masochism
-Respawning in deathmatches is still a bit questionable, but at least they thought about it a bit this time
-It's still very much down to who notices who first
-Titles and emblems seemed a bit superfluous
-If I had it myself I'd have no time for anything else for a good while

Basically, I didn't see anything wrong with it aside from the fact that I've not played it more myself.

The xbox version seems fine but it looks like PC gamers have yet again been given the shaft. I don't really like COD but my friend insisted I play two levels. The snow one and the shopping mall one. The snow one was kinda fun, bit short and easy. I was unimpressed with the shopping mall slaughter, with my friend expecting me to freak out at what I was doing. Where's the kids and old people? Obviously the game is meant to shock you at this point but no. If it was going for realistic terrorism there'd be kids and grannies and all sorts. Prey still owns my "omg" face when a child was impaled on a spike.

destx said:

Yeah, this game is great.

No console!
No leaning!
No mods!
No dedicated servers!

Buy Modern Warfare 2 and support Activision's crusade against quality PC games! And it's only $10 USD more than usual!

And the companies are still wondering why piracy is rampant...?

If you bought MW2, you are the cancer killing videogaming.

Enjoy giving other companies incentive to fuck you over in the future.

Look it was a console built game,just like the first one and most games that come out for the xbox,you can sit there and bitch about how it's broken,most games that end up coming out for the PC that are avalable for the consoles end up being broken for the PC especially the controls, modern warfare is a great game and was worth the hype machine unlike most games that come out.

(The only reason why there is non-deticated servers is because it was a CONSOLE.BUILT.GAME. I'm pretty sure Jon carmack will see the responce for non deticated servers and change his mind,although this guy did make di-katana)

Are you working for that cancer that calls itself game industry?

Sorry, but if any console to PC port is broken by default it's a waste of money to pay for them. If the companies charge premium price I want some value, not a DRM infested, bug ridden mess that's also been castrated to ensure maximum profitability.

I haven't seen a game in a long time that kept me occupied long enough to justify the price it costs. With today's games that can't even be resold anymore it has become much worse.

I'm not paying €50 for such garbage no matter what game. For that money I can buy better things. Most of my gaming is free anyway as Doom levels don't cost anything.

And this:

Mr. Freeze said:

If you bought MW2, you are the cancer killing videogaming.

Enjoy giving other companies incentive to fuck you over in the future.

trooper077 said:

The only reason why there is non-deticated servers is because it was a CONSOLE.BUILT.GAME. I'm pretty sure Jon carmack will see the responce for non deticated servers and change his mind,although this guy did make di-katana

WTF

trooper077 said:

(The only reason why there is non-deticated servers is because it was a CONSOLE.BUILT.GAME. I'm pretty sure Jon carmack will see the responce for non deticated servers and change his mind,although this guy did make di-katana)

That is a piss-poor excuse. Console games have had dedicated servers for a long time. The option to remove them was a (successful) attempt to control the game more and screw you out of more cash.

Get out of this forum, you corporate shill.

Mr. Freeze said:

Get out of this forum, you corporate shill.

Debating it but nah I'll stay here

And bofore you go jumping to a conclusion that i like supporting gigantic companies your wrong,I believe that some games that come out that are good should be reconized,games that are exploted or they depend on their mascosts to make good games that end up being rushed and horrible I don't buy(Nintendo,sega activision).

I bought modern warfare for a fun expierience and thats what I got,I bought it to support infinity ward,not craptivision

You nick pick any game and end up bitching, about it all i did is narrow down the fun aspects of the game,.

Here's a thought for you GO.BUY.THE.GAME.ON.THE.CONSOLE.

trooper077 said:

I bought modern warfare for a fun expierience and thats what I got,I bought it to support infinity ward,not craptivision

HA HA OH WOW

Activision still gets your money, genius. That's how publishing works. A publisher publishes a game BECAUSE they want sales of the game to make them money.

trooper077 said:

You nick pick any game and end up bitching, about it all i did is narrow down the fun aspects of the game,.

Here's a thought for you GO.BUY.THE.GAME.ON.THE.CONSOLE.

I never said the game was BAD. I'm saying that the game -due to actions of it's developer and publisher- is not worth my money. I'll rent it or pirate it instead. Until they stop fucking over us REAL gamers, IW and Activison aren't getting jack fucking shit from me.

Why should PC gamers have to resort to the console version if they prefer to play FPS the traditional way, the way they've been doing for years now, with a mouse and keyboard? Don't forget this successful series of games started on the PC, it's no wonder so many people are pissed off that they can't play the latest interaction of their favourite FPS franchise on the machine the series was born to play on.

Out of all the problems though, my favourite is the customer support: http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=170248#p2924074

I know everyone just loves to complain about the lack of dedicated servers, but none of Blizzard's games have them, and people still play their games.

caco_killer said:

I know everyone just loves to complain about the lack of dedicated servers, but none of Blizzard's games have them, and people still play their games.

Blizzard needs to stop with WOW and make Starcraft 2.

Mr. Freeze said:

Blizzard needs to stop with WOW and make Starcraft 2.

Probably never gonna happen,they'll sit on WOW as long as they make money off of it.

destx said:

On a more general note, you are warned against purchasing Modern Warfare 2 since it is important to send a message to the gaming industry with the only thing that counts, your wallet.

The game reached half a billion dollars in sales this past weekend. Strong message indeed.

trooper077 said:

I'm pretty sure Jon carmack will see the responce for non deticated servers and change his mind,although this guy did make di-katana)

lolwut? :D

- Perks are pointless to have at this point.
- Most maps are set up like paintball arenas, thus camp the high spots and win.
- Unlock akimbo 1887's and enjoy getting at least 30 - 5 every game.

destx said:

You know... reading more of these pages, I see that gamers today are incredibly spoiled. (Not that I'm just realizing this, but still.) Remember 56k modems back when 250 ping was normal and 400 was laggy? Then when cable/ISDN came out and 150 was great and 300 was unacceptable...? Nowadays kids are complaining about anything over 100 like they know the difference. They have no idea how to tell between lag and packet loss. Brats.

I guess I'm out of touch for my age group, I must be one of the only 15 year old's out there who could give a flying f*ck less about MW2. I'm also probably one of the only one's who hasn't even played it either.

I will admit I laughed when my friend said that it had something like 16 levels for the single player mode. What happened to a fps that had at least 25 single player maps? For god's sake Wolfenstein 3D on the SNES had more levels than that! I guess blasting the f*ck out of your friends is more important than a good single player experience.

trooper077 said:

I'm pretty sure Jon carmack will see the responce for non deticated servers and change his mind,although this guy did make di-katana

Oh dear, both John Romero and John Carmack would pull one of these if they read that...

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/6512/original/DoubleFacePalm.jpg?1248715780

I pirated it, played it, beat it. It's an alright game but nothing nearly as earth-shatteringly innovative as the proponents have been hyping.

I'd never pay actual money for it.

I played COD MW2 on single player at my brothers house on his PS3. I'm not so much blown away about how good the game looks as I am about how good it looks and still runs as smooth as butter.

I've seen a lot of good looking games but most of them had a framerate of about 15, while COD MW2 looks like at keast 70+ in all scenarios. I don't know anything about the multiplayer yet but the single player was pretty cool given all the crazy special effects, like parts where you were intended to take damage or die as part of the mission, and some other things that I don't even know how to explain in words.

I got this game for my birthday. The single-player was pretty cool, but it is way too fucking short. They got rid of leaning which is really stupid and makes no fucking sense. Apparently, the developers claim they got rid of it because the game "isn't balanced for lean." Special Ops is alright. I haven't got a chance to do 2 player coop with it though.

Multiplayer is pretty cool. Akimbo weapons feel too gimicky and useless overall (although I do admit it's fun going akimbo with the USP's and Mini-Uzis) and that matchmaking thing sucks. They should never have gotten rid of dedicated server support. It sucks that the AK47 is last assault rifle you can unlock. I like that gun :(. I also miss the G36-C.