trooper077

Modern Warfare 2 No spoilers

destx said:

Yeah, this game is great.

No console!
No leaning!
No mods!
No dedicated servers!

Buy Modern Warfare 2 and support Activision's crusade against quality PC games! And it's only $10 USD more than usual!

You know, I toyed with the idea of getting this game... thanks for the link. I could buy things that are... not this with sixty dollars, thanks.

trooper077 said:

Probably never gonna happen,they'll sit on WOW as long as they make money off of it.

Well... You might hit a bad point, clearly they are taking their time on StarCraft 2. If you haven't seen the new stuff that's been implemented, then run that ass of yours to the site. That I doubt WoW will stop until the level cap or what ever is at 200. ¬.¬

On topic now... I don't like the game (nor it's series in general), but I do like the graphics update, but it will never compare to old fashion gaming.

I enjoyed COD4 when I got it last year on my ps3, but never really looked forward to MW2. I figured it would be about the same quality, but hoo hoo!

Lizardcommando said:

It sucks that the AK47 is last assault rifle you can unlock. I like that gun :(.

Hahaha...inexpensive gun. That makes no sense, the AK has fought in almost every war since the '50s, sometimes on both sides. The reason is because it's cheap, very available and reliable. It costs more to buy a replica firearm than it does to buy a real AK - that said, its performance is similar to most other assault rifles, so I couldn't understand why the AK was the last weapon you could unlock. Then again, the last MW gave you ability to carry a gold plated (!) Desert Eagle into battle, which just boggles the mind.

Anyway, I did manage to play MW2 at a friends house on the Xbox, we played 4 player deathmatch split-screen style for a while. On the subject of weapon balance, it's kinda sad when I can take a shot at somebody with the .50 caliber rifle, have them survive it and hide behind a corner for a few seconds, then come out fully healed, ready for another shot! I understand toning down 'overpowered' weapons in the name of game balance, but if that's the case, why allow any overpowered weapons in the first place? I guess mostly I'm complaining about the health system. But there's a few other things that baffle me, like throwing a knife from one end of the map to the other, or the fact that the riot shield can block any bullet and take unlimited damage.

The game just isn't very fun - it's dull, repetitive, highly unrealistic and it's really not much of a sequel to begin with. If you haven't played Modern Warfare before, you may enjoy it, but if not - you should be pretty unimpressed. Largely the game suffers from a lack of mouse and keyboard but words like that are heresy among the fans that claim that XBox is the way that FPS was meant to be played...

On another note, I fail to see how >100 ping is 'generally unplayable' - I've been top of the server with 200 ping before. Any living, breathing player can compensate for a little bit of lag, it's just a scapegoat for 'pro' players when they get killed. Although mostly I play games over LAN, where latency is not an issue. Which is how I think the games are meant to be played =P