Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

competition winners?

i just won a backpack from a competition at my local youth group. yay.

has anyone here ever won any competitions, notable or otherwise?

i did also win a PS2 game a few years ago on a radio show...

I won a pack of stuff form gatorade for picking the Chicago Bulls to win the NBA champinship or something like that. (when Michel Jorden played)

and I also won a torphey in every sport I played (rec).
(soccer, baseball, basketball)

and I used to win free pops all the time but now you have to do it onlie so I don't even bother.

I got an award for 'Best Witness' in the regional mock trial program back in high school.

I won a $5 chess set from a bingo game. Cheap hollow plastic pieces, and I'm fairly sure it was missing a couple when I got it.

Back in the day, Wizards of the Coast had this chat program they were beta testing on their website. I hung out there a lot. They gave away prizes for all kinds of trivia and the like. One day I was being silly so I entered one of the chatrooms and said "what does Volrath ride to work? The Rath Cycle!". One of the ops then sent me a prize in the mail...4 packs of Portal and a 4-sided die that had weird symbols and I couldn't figure out its use. I think it was some sort of anti-prize for my terrible joke.

I won a couple prizes in card tournaments, though they were pretty much all last place prizes or I got them because everyone else conceded. I got like 2 packs of Star Wars: CCG cards for coming last place in a tournament (a free one, mind you). I got one of those oversized Magic cards for coming second place in a 4-person tournament (when two of the guys conceded).

So yeah, I seem to be pretty adept at winning fail-prizes.

I ranked in the top 3 in several local/regional chess championships as a boy/teen, and I even made my high school team win on a regional TV quiz show -all female team except for me :-p Ah these were the times...

I got second prize in the Sock Puppet category of a local craft fair when I was like 8.

FUCK YEAH.

I beat the Elite Four a couple times in the original Pokemon games

When I was around 7 or 8, I won a Lego competition at my local Target with a motorcycle I designed and received a really expensive Space Police set. My mom told me a few years later that I was the only kid that entered. :(

Australian national and NSW state timpani champion, right here.
(I don't think the contests had enough people (3?) for me to truly have the titles, but I'll say them anyway.)

I got an Armored Core 3 design in a magazine once. It was in Tips & Tricks issue number 99, May 2003. At the time I thought I had won the lottery :p

I was once a runner-up in a Split Reason T-shirt design contest. I got a random T-shirt from their catalog: the picture was the R5D4 from Star Wars: A New Hope (the one that blows up), with the text "I'm not lazy, I just have a bad motivator."

When I was 5 years old I won a prize from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themselves for my excellent skills dancing to the Time Warp at the Royal Easter Show. I got some random memorabilia and a years' free membership to the Ninja Turtle Fanclub.

Oh yeah, you are jealous.

I also won a paper plane competition when I was about 12, held for a local aviation show. My mother and I got to have a free joyflight around town and breakfast with the pilots. After breakfast, someone said they needed "two extra bodies for weight" and we jumped in a plane again. Only after we were off the ground did mum realise we'd entered into the stunt flying competition. I loved it but I'm pretty sure she was green with nausea when we landed.

Mr. Freeze said:

I won the "Most Hated Member of Doomworld" award.

If this were an actual award, you'd get runner up. King REoL takes the cake by far.

Super Jamie said:

If this were an actual award, you'd get runner up. King REoL takes the cake by far.

What did he do?

Have you ever seen any of REoL's posts? (Hint, his username now is Georgef551)

Frankly I think every one of his posts should basically be filed directly in Post Hell. The dude is a total loony tune.

Last year I won "Most Original Costume" at my school when I dressed as Jesus. I also won an effects pedal in a drawing at the local music shop once.

I'm just a winner.

Let's see - $800k in an Internet lottery and $1.8M in a South African lottery that's associated in some way with the World Cup. Both scams of course. :D

Closest I've come to a win lately was getting my grubby little mits on a near-mint id Anthology for just over $100.

In grade 6 I took a widely-administered math aptitude test (I think most schools in the country tested their whole grade 6 populations) and scored 11th place.

Pretty much the peak of my life, right there. Too bad I got bored of math, or else I'd have actual prospects.

Oh, and I won a Cacoward :D

In regards to Danarchy's WotC post, I'm still a Magic: The Gathering tournament player. I won the last tournament I was in, Friday night, and have qualified for side events at the World Championships. Went to Memphis, TN for Worlds last year and was playing in a $10,000 tournament. Didn't win that, sadly. But I've probably over my time playing won more than $500 in Magic cards. And probably spent slightly more on the hobby itself.

Athletic events. I used to be a sprinter, long/triple jumper. I could have done that for a career if I wanted.

Nomad said:

Have you ever seen any of REoL's posts? (Hint, his username now is Georgef551)

Frankly I think every one of his posts should basically be filed directly in Post Hell. The dude is a total loony tune.

Also, he has a history dating back over a decade both in the Doom Community and Something Awful. :P Let's just say he was banned here before I ever became a regular and I'm not sure why anyone let him back.