Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Offensive and threatening reviews

Question, who do I contact if there is a review for a wad that is both offensive and threatening. Recently, I found a couple of reviews for my Alando Gun wads that were extremely offensive and a couple were actual threats. I would like to know who I should contact to report this abuse.

For those who do want to check out what I mean, you can find the horrible reviews near the bottom of the review section for the Alando Gun wads (all of them). The ones I'm talking about are the ones with all capitalized letters and a few from xXx.

I would really appreciate if someone would tell me because this is really hurtful and unacceptable. Thank you.

-Alando1

I also wouldn't take threat reviews to seriously either. Just some bloke screwin around.

Everything you could possibly do wrong in a weapons mod, Alando has done. Immoral Conduct rips, model rips with hundreds of frames, dozens of pointless inventory items, weapons that don't match in style, everything. Stay the hell away from this. 0/5 --Woolie

It's funny the txt file says not to steal resources from a wad essentially full of stolen resources. Completely worthless.

Meh ... i still don't like it. :/ Yet, i must admit, it's not TOTAL shit, like the others. I'd say that you've certainly made at least SOME improvement, so i'll give ya a 1/5. :P -xXx

Criticism/Thoughts != Threats/Offensive content

I would like to know specifically who to contact. I know about the thing on the bottom of the review page but I need to speak to somebody.

I know that there are some real bad critisisms about my weapon wads, but when someone offends me to the extreme, I feel action should be taken. I hate bullies and bullies don't deserve a say in anything.

ok i have looked through the reviews of your wads and so far what has actually been offensive rather than just blunt was one reviwe towards the bottom of alando guns x. I saw no real problem with what xXx was writing apart from it being a bit blunt.

I'm assuming since he said:

I dedicate this wad to my friends and family but most of all to my father who passed away in Febuary 2008.

So I'm pretty sure he's mad about the review that is directed towards his father. However, this shouldn't be taken seriously in any way. It's the internet and people troll for the sake of trolling

esselfortium said:

Who do I contact to have some offensive and threatening reviews written about my wads? Thanks.

That would be me :D

You're supposed to cause a flamewar on the /newstuff threads. That usually gets the job done.

Post, baby, post!

To all those missing what he is talking about (at the VERY bottom of the comments):

ALANDO YOU SUCK TOTAL DICK, AND THIS WAD IS A DISGRACE TO YOUR DEAD, ROTTING FATHER!!! GO FIND HIS GRAVE AND SUCK HIS DICK IN ORDER TO REDEEM YOURSELF!!! 0/5!!!

Yeah...not right...

I know my View doesn't count for much but i learned the hard way on other forums where i posted what in my mind was the latest and greatest wad. i got my butt handed to me several times but i took it in stride as constructive criticism and worked out the problems i made. Long story short, Alando while you are likely to get bad comments you don't need to take them seriously

If I remember corectly didn't Alando get his knickers in a twist when alando guns X was first released because we didnt like it and he couldn't take it?

Steeveeo said:

To all those missing what he is talking about (at the VERY bottom of the comments):

Yeah...not right...

I was going to make some snarky comment about people assuming they have the right to never be offended by anything, but yeah, I agree. The /idgames reviews can be blunt and over the top but this takes things too far.

PhilibusMo said:

If I remember corectly didn't Alando get his knickers in a twist when alando guns X was first released because we didnt like it and he couldn't take it?

Yeah, but honestly I think he was more frustrated that we were using swear words in our reviews than anything else. I mean, fuck.

Hence my thoughts on the matter some folks are Top notch designers some are not to the point they have to pirate other folks work to make their things work and then get upset when some one points out HEY thats my stuff..

BTW i recognized the Gib work. came from a WAD file on 1001 Nights of Doom and sure enough the Gib work is controlled by its creator,who says no one can freely use it but to give her a message to ask if they would like to ,As well as stating the wad was created especially for 1001 nights of doom, meaning i do believe that since it was created for that CD isn't that copyrighted? and controlled by the company who had contracted the lady who made the wad?

This reminded me of a youtube game reviewer that is female. She gets loads of offensive, treathening comments saying how they'll rape her and burn her place down. People need to have something better to say.

esselfortium said:

Who do I contact to have some offensive and threatening reviews written about my wads? Thanks.

That depends on how much you're prepared to pay - I'm cheap. :P

GreyGhost said:

That depends on how much you're prepared to pay - I'm cheap. :P

Dunno Ghost...I'm afraid all he will be able to afford is Bottle caps or his Baby Binky (and if this comment is uncalled for sorry i will Remove it)

Aparently Steeveeo gets what I'm talking about what I have a problem with. I don't know what the hell some of you other guys are saying but don't you guys think that it's crazy that someone had the audacity to write something so horrible like that? I don't mind the reviews that are actual reviews (positive or negative) but this one that Steeveeo has copied and pasted from the actual review page, IS NOT A REVIEW! (Thank you Steeveeo for showing what the topic is mainly about)

I know there are people who don't like my wads and that's ok; nobody's perfect and I know I'm not perfect. I know I am not the best wad maker out there but all I ask for is respect. Surely enough, that horrible statement goes against all what a review is supposed to be. When I leave a review for a wad, I give full respect to the author even if the wad was not so great. I still respect the author no matter what.

Some of you think that I'm taking this too seriously but really, if someone said that to you, it hurts. Words hurt; it's like someone blasted you with a double barrel shotgun. It really knocks you back. Surely enough, I think this is something that I need to take action with. Sure, I'm used to the bad reviews and such and I know when people don't like my wads but when I see something that is discriminating and offensive, this isn't a review, it's some scum bag who has nothing else better to do than pick on people just for the hell of it and make them feel horrible. For those who already agree on how bad that statement is from the reviews, it comes down to really just saying that it is just plain not right.

P.S. to Kristus - not funny

P.S. to WildWeasel - I'm not concerned about the negative reviews, I'm concerned about the ones that aren't reviews at all AKA what this thread is mainly about.

alando1 said:

Aparently Steeveeo gets...
...is mainly about.

I agree that the quote Steeveeo pulled out of the reviews section is out of order, but you just seemed to be going on about other reviews which I couldn't see a particular problem with, sure they were a bit blunt and mean but you gotta shrug it off and ignore it if you ever want to improve and focus on the constructive critacism. Just take a mental note of the main points that people don't like about your wads and try to improve upon them next time.
But anyway, I agree, that one about your father should be removed, it has crossed the line between blunt and cruel & offensive.

Believe me, PhilibusMo, I ignore the negative reviews that are actual reviews and I do take into consideration what people want me to fix with my wads. I do my best to understand what I can do to fix the problems my wads may contain.

I'm not concerned with the other reviews; I'm mainly concerned about that particular statement in the reviews. The other reviews are just reviews either positive or negative, and belong in the review area. I'm talking about statements that are cruel and offensive just like the one this thread is talking about.

Sorry if you get the wrong idea of what this topic is all about but to restate what the topic is, it's that horrible statement located in the review area and who I contact to report this issue.

alando1 said:

Aparently Steeveeo gets what I'm talking about what I have a problem with. I don't know what the hell some of you other guys are saying but don't you guys think that it's crazy that someone had the audacity to write something so horrible like that?

P.S. to Kristus - not funny

Who says I'm trying to be funny? I agree some of the reviews were stupid and insulting for no good reason. To deal with that, use the report function. But you insisted that you needed to "speak to someone" about it. Talk to someone in your family or a friend, a shrink or a curator. That is the answer I got for you.