Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

A strange request...

I'm trying to make some pretty looking high-res scenery for a GZDoom mod I'm working on. Now in order to get a real natural feel to it, I want to have a lot of plant life. I need pictures of flowers I can turn into sprites and textures. Does anyone here have any decent non copyrighted images of flowers? in particular I'm looking for little white/yellow flowers like these:

It doesn't matter if it's your family vacation or your garden. The larger the image the better. Also, things like fallen branches, logs, and tall grass would be useful, but flowers by far are going to help me the most.

Like what? Do you mean flowers with a stem 1 pixel wide with the flower on it? If so that canbe easily done. or do you mean full out plants?

Your picture isnt loading for me so do you want close ups of flowers or shots of flowers in groups from a short distance away, showing their entirinty, stalks, leaves and maybe a bit of ground and all?

First of all, to clarify, ANY picture will do. I don't want to use garden websites or the like because I want images that are not copyrighted.

In particular I need images of flowers that have stems and some foliage. Preferably from a side angle. Top down views I can use for textures, but I do need images of flowers from the side, so I can turn them into high-def sprites.

I just Googled "stock photos." Then I clicked the first link. On this site, I entered the "image categories" menu, selected flowers, and found a listing of 23629 images licensed in a manner compatible with what you wish to do.

Thanks for feedback, CGTextures unfortunately does not have what I am looking for, I am not entirely sure what Flickr is, but its definitely a good resource.

@Creaphis, the stock photos option I had considered, but most of those sites lure you in with 'completely free royalty-free creative common ...blah blah blah' only to find that 5 or 6 images don't ask you for money to download.

I just Googled "stock photos," again, so that I could find the same site I found before. I created an account, and then I logged in. Then I went back to the "flowers" listing, and downloaded some images. I was not prompted for money at any time. I navigated to the "terms of use," and found that those who upload images to this site agree to these terms (among others):

You authorize SXC to be your non-exclusive agent that licenses Images FOR FREE to third parties based on the terms that can be found the Image License Agreement alongside the restrictions specified at each Image. SXC agrees not to sell these Images under any circumstances and not to distribute them outside the Website.

You acknowledge that under no circumstances can you demand money from SXC or those using the Images for the use of said Images. You you may ask payment for a higher resolution version of an Image but only if it's not stored on the Website.

I then copied this passage of test and posted it here, with some added emphasis.

I get your point, by why go through all that trouble when I could have a forum full of people do it for me? Besides, flickr was a really good idea. I've found images there I can use for almost any texture you can imagine, going beyond the 'garden variety' if you will :P

chopkinsca said:

Phocas2.wad has two different flowers. They fit your request of being white or yellow. I'd be honored if you used them :P

I had considered this, but they look a bit too cartoony for what I'm trying to do. Thanks though :D