Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EpicDuke

Doom Builder 2

Hey.

I just registered(lol).

I am making a new wad and i need some help with the following things.

-How do i make statues of enemies (grey)?
-How do i make Bridges?
-How do i make moving textures?

That's all.

THX for the help if i am going to get any ^^

EpicDuke said:

Hey.

I just registered(lol).

I am making a new wad and i need some help with the following things.

-How do i make statues of enemies (grey)?
-How do i make Bridges?
-How do i make moving textures?

That's all.

THX for the help if i am going to get any ^^

The statues of enemies are recolours of the stock doom sprites that are in the map as new things (for this you will need an image manipulating programme such as gimp or photoshop and XWE or SlumpEd to import them into a new wad)

How to make bridges is specific to the source port you are using (for instance Zdoom, GZdoom, Eternity, Boom, etc) so you will need to be more specific of what you are doing.

If by moving textures you mean scrolling textures then that can be found in the linedef action menu by clicking on the linedef you want to have the scrolling texture on and on the drop down menu and then choosing '48 scroll texture left' under doom2 format (which I am guessing as you seem like a new mapper is the game configuration you are using).

PhilibusMo said:

The statues of enemies are recolours of the stock doom sprites that are in the map as new things (for this you will need an image manipulating programme such as gimp or photoshop and XWE or SlumpEd to import them into a new wad)

How to make bridges is specific to the source port you are using (for instance Zdoom, GZdoom, Eternity, Boom, etc) so you will need to be more specific of what you are doing.

If by moving textures you mean scrolling textures then that can be found in the linedef action menu by clicking on the linedef you want to have the scrolling texture on and on the drop down menu and then choosing '48 scroll texture left' under doom2 format (which I am guessing as you seem like a new mapper is the game configuration you are using).

Hey.

Can i get any help with the statues?(like a tutorial or something)

i;m using the skulltag(doom in doom) format (tutorial ? **)

and thanks for the scrooling textures

EpicDuke said:

Can i get any help with the statues?(like a tutorial or something)

i;m using the skulltag(doom in doom) format (tutorial ? **)

The bridge tutorial was a quick Google search - found one in the Skulltag tutorials forum. Can't think of one specific tutorial for statues but, if you want to view them from all angles, the best approach (after you've extracted, recoloured and renamed the sprite frames) would be to create a custom actor using DECORATE.