Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

The weather.

Is this April? Did I hibernate through the winter? Why is it so warm here in New England? It's 70 degrees Fahrenheit in Boston. This is April weather, not December weather. I miss my brisk December mornings.

It hasn't been really cold in New England in at least 4-5 years. The last snow storm I can recall, that was actually worth mentioning was in 2004.

doom2day said:

Is this April? Did I hibernate through the winter? Why is it so warm here in New England? It's 70 degrees Fahrenheit in Boston. This is April weather, not December weather. I miss my brisk December mornings.

yeah, crazy. I asked my friend just now... "Is today December 3rd?". I couldn't believe how hot the sun was beating down on me--squinty at best.

snow in Texas

Doom2day: save your original avatar pic as a .PNG file and upload that so that you don't lose the quality in your avatar.

Not quite wintery over here, either. Temperatures in the 16-22 C range, and humity is maxed out all the time (but there are crisp sunshine days too). Dunno what it is, definitively not winter though. It does however tend to get much colder in short order, and will only be that warm again in March-April.

November was unusually warm and dry in the upper midwest. But right now and for the next week, Minnesota should be getting more like its normal December weather (below freezing day and night, with some snow flurries).

England had one of its wettest Novembers on record. I missed most of it though.

The wettest day I experienced in November was at Santorini.

We've had hot days, 40C temperatures, bushfires, and more hot days. Seems like December to me.

Edit: Okay, not quite accurate, most of those occured back in November. Of course, November (spring) is supposed to be cooler than December (summer).

Ed said:

It hasn't been really cold in New England in at least 4-5 years. The last snow storm I can recall, that was actually worth mentioning was in 2004.

Where the fuck were you last year? It took me a fucking HOUR to get home because of SUDDENLY BLIZZARDS.

Also, Massholes represent. Chelmsford here.

Mr. Freeze said:

Where the fuck were you last year? It took me a fucking HOUR to get home because of SUDDENLY BLIZZARDS.

Also, Massholes represent. Chelmsford here.

Yeah, there have been decent enough storms in the last few years. NYC got record snow a few years back, so did Boston (but maybe that was as long ago as 2004).

Massholes... it's really true--Massachusetts and most of New England, may be the least friendly place in the world. Whenever New Englanders travel they always remark on how friendly people are... no.. it's just that we're super unfriendly.. you come visit here and you'll be surrounded by Massholes.

oh.. I'm from the Berkshires.

Hellbent said:

Massholes... it's really true--Massachusetts and most of New England, may be the least friendly place in the world. Whenever New Englanders travel they always remark on how friendly people are... no.. it's just that we're super unfriendly.. we're massholes.

I've found most people in western Massachusetts to be very nice. It's just people from Boston metro, who aren't really bad at all. You just have a real clean city and think you're the shit.

Ralphis said:

I've found most people in western Massachusetts to be very nice. It's just people from Boston metro, who aren't really bad at all. You just have a real clean city and think you're the shit.

When you ever been to Western Mass?

Weiirdd. I'm out here in Colorado representin' the wild west. We got some pretty heavy snow in October, which is pretty weird since we don't get much snow. All of november it was unseasonably warm. It was 75 and sunny last Thursday. I blame global warming. :P

I'm out here in Washington, known for it's mild weather, and it's been below freezing the last 3 days or so. It's already snowed once. I'm hoping we don't have another blizzard or two like last year. Man, that was fucked up.

Danarchy said:

I'm out here in Washington, known for it's mild weather, and it's been below freezing the last 3 days or so. It's already snowed once. I'm hoping we don't have another blizzard or two like last year. Man, that was fucked up.

I do have to agree with Dan, I may be a student not WANTING to go to school, but last few years, the snow forced my mom to go to work on weekends, no school for 1 and 2 days straight.
I would like snow this year, just not so much...

I actually lost two weeks of work because of it and ended up with not enough money to pay my bills for the month. That was the start of my slide into debt which I'm luckily close to paying off.

Fuck off Massholes, learn to drive.

Down here in the obviously superior Connecticut, it snowed on October 13th. It's been pretty warm and wet since.

Hellbent said:
snow in Texas

Yeah, my brother is visiting Dallas and said it snowed. Isn't that rare there?

It just rains all the time here in MD. Cold and rainy and miserable almost constantly.. with a few nice days scattered about.

We had our first snow in Chicago this morning. It went for a few hours, but it only left the ground slightly damp.

myk said:

Yeah, my brother is visiting Dallas and said it snowed. Isn't that rare there?

To be exact, it snowed for like two seconds and than it just turned into the usual rain. And yes, snow is a legend around here. I miss Spain.

Shaikoten said:

Fuck off Massholes, learn to drive.

Down here in the obviously superior Connecticut, it snowed on October 13th. It's been pretty warm and wet since.

Wow.. you didn't really... you Connecticutters are renowned for your terrible driving. Really, you're almost as bad as New Jersey.

Lüt said:

We had our first snow in Chicago this morning. It went for a few hours, but it only left the ground slightly damp.

I can corroborate this.

It's summer here in Brisbane, AU. 30C (85F) or more and humid as fuck.

I have been having trouble breathing outside for the last few weeks, I expect this to last all through summer.