Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Taiwanese man beats WOW

Kracov found this link:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/02/taiwanese-man-beats-world-of-warcraft/

'They said it couldn't be done. Well, to be fair, it can't -- however, if one were to track the completion of Blizzard's super successful World of Warcraft by the number of achievements a player had unlocked, then a Taiwanese player has effectively solved that game tape. A character named "Little Gray" on the Wrathbringer server has completed all 986 of the game's 'cheevos, killing 390,895 creatures and finishing 5,906 quests along the way.

However, this triumph of human resolve has been diminished by one small caveat: one upcoming winter holiday–tied achievement, titled "BB King," remains locked, but due to a glitched PvP achievement that apparently unlocked twice, his statistics say he's batting a thousand. With the game's Winter Veil festivities approaching, we expect Little Gray will unlock that last feat soon, at which point the credits will roll, and his account will be permanently erased. Or the server will explode. Definitely one of those two.'

Aren't they all making toys?

I remember lining up all my matchbox cars by country of origin when i was small.
Britain: 1
West Germany: 3
Taiwan: All the rest, probably over 100

Little Grey is an invalid character name on WoW. Either they translated it, or they're making this up.

Danarchy said:
Little Grey is an invalid character name on WoW. Either they translated it, or they're making this up.

If it's that 80th level character linked to and shown on the screen grab, the original name seems to be two Chinese characters (which must be "little" and "gray" in whatever order applies).

myk said:

the original name seems to be two Chinese characters (which must be "little" and "gray" in whatever order applies).

Yes that is right, xiao3 hui1 = little ash/grey.

Super Jamie said:

Yeah I saw this too. Congratulations, time to get a life.

It's no use, he'll always be an Azn at best.

Super Jamie said:

lol Maes, most needlessly racist comment of the month goes to you :P

Just stating the obvious :-p

I was actually looking for a SA pic that went something along the way of "White guys get laid, asian guys play starcraft" but you'll have to make do with that one:

Edit: lol, here it is:

So World of Warcraft has an ending? Good, now there's a hope my sister will switch to another game, for diversity's fcking sake.

I'm just surprised that it has been this long for a person to get this close. I was expecting someone to be done a week after release or something.

Ninjalah said:

I'm just surprised that it has been this long for a person to get this close. I was expecting someone to be done a week after release or something.

...completed 986 of the game's 'cheevos, killing 390,895 creatures and finishing 5,906 quests along the way.

So the guy should be completing 35 quests an hour for a week, and killing 2327 creatures each hour, again for a week. Besides, isn't the game universe ever-expanding with patches etc? Even if he did finish an earlier version/patch in the past, new challenges would pop up in front of him anyway in the next patch.

Maes said:

So the guy should be completing 35 quests an hour for a week, and killing 2327 creatures each hour, again for a week. Besides, isn't the game universe ever-expanding with patches etc? Even if he did finish an earlier version/patch in the past, new challenges would pop up in front of him anyway in the next patch.

Hey, I thought that getting to level 80 in like 2 days was impossible. Tell that to the French.

This is the best example of "being a winner AND a loser at the same time."

Fuck yeah white people.

The wow guy doesn't bother me really - he's achieved almost every 'hardcore' gamer's dream, and there are lots of those people out there (for some reason, does anybody know when being 'hardcore' at video games was a good thing?). What bothers me is that there are thousands of similar people out there.

Visplane Overflow said:

(for some reason, does anybody know when being 'hardcore' at video games was a good thing?)

Was it ever? Unless you mean this kind of "hardcore":