Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Hell On Mars Demo

Hey here is a 3 map demo of a wad ive been working on. All 3 maps are pretty much done, there is still some other small things I have too do. Most of map03 is done, the exit area im still working on.

Screenshots:http://www.wadsinprogress.info/index.php?a=showshot&wad=1288&shot=1

Tell me what you guys think.
Thanks

Its for skulltag ONLY! You must be able to use OpenGL!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-on-mars/downloads/hell-on-mars-demo

Cool stuff.

MAP01 was a little meh, as it didn't seem built to maximize the ambient music, and there were quite a few colored light effects that looked more tacked on than useful.

There was definite progress on MAP02, building for the ambient music better and very well used fog effects. However there was this little problem with teleporting monsters and a small alignment thing on this in the first nukage area.

MAP03 continued improving, with well-placed ambient sounds and effects and stuff. I got a little spooked by the time I got to the 2 arch-viles, but you'll have to try harder for a yelp from me ;) Also the last 2 barons need to be on different teleport sectors, the first one hogged the whole area so the second could only come in when I finished the first off.

I think you should put multiple teleporting sectors in for all the maps, otherwise it's just a stream of monsters teleporting in that are easy pickings with some hell knight speed bumps. Gameplay otherwise was nicely balanced, never a really tough spot unless I was being completely reckless. I look forward to the complete wad.

I updated it a little, the barons at the end of map3 they are meant to come in the room like that.

Thanks for the reply!

Awesome, feels very atmospheric now. Really like the very defined edge of shadows, gives a sense of little atmosphere and with the ambient sounds it feels otherworldly, although the shadows could be coincidence ;) A little thing I think I missed in the first map though are the barbed wire fence texture from TNT evilution, they look pretty weird and clash with the map's solid tech texture usage. Of course I'm not sure there's anything better to use, so I guess you're stuck with it if so.

Philnemba said:

Very impressive! This wad has that great "atmospheric" feel to it like the PlayStation Doom TC.

Sweet! That is what I was shooting for, imma fan of DOOM for the psx and thats how I got this idea.

I missed in the first map though are the barbed wire fence texture from TNT evilution, they look pretty weird and clash with the map's solid tech texture usage.. [/quote]Ya I did not like it at first but now its grown on me so imma keep it. I thought about making a 3d rail but I dont know.

Thanks guys!