Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgef551

College Youth: Obama not-so-good, but GREAT?!

Just goes to show you that most College Kids that voted in the Presidential Election were sheep:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-tapscott/young-people-are-discoura_b_381845.html

Apperently, more than half the college students do not like Obama's policies, yet consider him to be a good president?!

DOES THIS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE?!

Kinda' like saying DooM sucks, but I like to play it everyday. What's the point?

So, to the College Crowd: How's that change you voted for?

I didn't vote for him, so don't blame me. I had thoughts of an anti-Obama/Mccain election protest sign in town if I had the materials to make one.

Georgef551 said:

Apperently, more than half the college students do not like Obama's policies, yet consider him to be a good president?!

Not all Bush voters who considered him a good president agreed 100% with his policies, either. Historically, the only "democratically elected" leader who could boast a consensus >95% over his policies AND undisputed personal charisma was Adolph Hitler. So what's your point?

First phrase in the article you linked to :

A new Harvard poll finds that a majority of 18 to 29-year-olds disapprove of President Barack Obama's handling of major issues, but nevertheless most of them (58%) approve of the president's job performance generally, and many intend to help get him re-elected.

Your interpretation of the very same article :

DOES THIS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE?!

I'm not a citizen of the United States nor do I care one way or another about US politics, I just found the disconnect between the article you linked to yourself and the contents of your post baffling. Sure, just like in any politic discussion part of it is either because you're anti-Obama or anti-government, so you read what you want to read, but damn, man. Damn.

0/10. Unfunny, boring, no talking points, easily countered by the facts in the article you linked, etc. Try harder next time troll.

Can't wait for this one to end up in Post Hell, just like all your other REoL threads inevitably do.

Isn't making a new account to get around a previous ban against the rules?

Hey ReOL how's that bitching and doing nothing productive?

Both of the candidates were utter trash, and do you know where the fault lies? US. All of us. If this was the best that the American populace had to offer we're in a much worse place than any politician or idiot like George Fiffy can babble on about. So blaming the college students or blaming the president or blaming anyone other than ourselves is foolish. This is what WE, AMERICA, voted for and got in return. We voted for it in the last election and the one before that. We voted for complacency and apathy. We voted for someone to make all of our decisions for us and let us bitch about them afterward even though we're glad we don't have to think. No matter which candidate won America lost. It doesn't matter what your political view is, if there's anything that has happened in the last several years that you didn't like it's YOUR fault because YOU did nothing to change it. There isn't a magical guy who is just going to make all of our problems go away, nor is there a political party that is right, nor is there any amount of bitching and moaning that is going to change any of that.

Americans need to take responsibility for their country instead of blaming it constantly on everyone else, we have a Republic which means that if something is wrong we are not only able but obligated to change it. Bush and Obama and McCain are nothing but people, Republicans and Democrats nothing but names, we have PROBLEMS and no one is willing to admit to them so we call them "issues." It's our FAULT and no one is willing to take any blame. The fact is Americans don't care one shit about what their country does and consider themselves powerless to change anything. Electing a mouthpiece never did and never will do anything.

There is absolutely nothing more arrogant than judging a president's performance based solely on whether or not you personally agree with his policies. Basically, what you're saying is "I'm positive that I'm always 100% correct about everything, so anytime there is any issue on which I disagree with the president, it's clearly because the president is an utter fucking moron. It can't possibly be because he has access to information than I don't, or that he's studied the issue much more closely. It's always, always, always because I'm right and he's a fucking moron."

How the hell many people do you think are even remotely qualified to make that kind of judgment call? And even if someone were in such a position, I think completely shutting out the idea that you might be mistaken is seriously idiotic. That kind of attitude is a serious problem in politics today, in my opinion - too many arrogant jackasses who won't even consider the possibility that hey, maybe they don't know everything. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but it's a completely different matter entirely to treat your own personal opinion as infallible.

geekmarine said:

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but it's a completely different matter entirely to treat your own personal opinion as infallible.

This is EXACTLY the problem with the talk-show hosts like Rush who, after being punk'd over the recent fake Obama thesis, kept rolling on about how it's true anyway because he believes that it's.. plausible. Obama is the boogeyman to him, and many of these other talkshow hosts. They spew their opinions as gospel, and sadly, people soak that shit in like a sponge.

opinions are opinions, but when they're presented as fact.. well.. that's fucking disgusting.

I'm a college student. I'm an Objectivist and you are all morons. By you all I mean REoL. And by morons I mean shut up REoL.

FUCK YOU TROLL FUCK YOU TROLL I HATE YOU SUCK MY ASS FUCK REPUBLICANS FUCKING FUCKER FUCK ASS GEORGEFIFFYFUCKER FISTFUCK

I actually don't care what anyone posts. I'm just hopping on the hate bandwagon.

Alot of the voters in that age range are blind as bats and will blindly vote for someone who has better PR. If you take out the people who voted for Obama because he was Black or voted for McCain because he was white, drop the party politics, and went with your shared beliefs, the run probably would have been split down the middle.

I don't remember REoL posting anything bad except these politics threads and other threads involving himself.

I played some of KING REOL's REOL TOUGH maps back from the late 90s. He's a p. good mapper, or was. Shame about the crazy, though.

GhostlyDeath said:

Alot of the voters in that age range are blind as bats and will blindly vote for someone who has better PR. If you take out the people who voted for Obama because he was Black or voted for McCain because he was white, drop the party politics, and went with your shared beliefs, the run probably would have been split down the middle.

You never thought it's because of Palin?

Really?

Something Awfuk said:

King REoL:
A guy who everyone hated when he was here, mostly for his incredible stupidity. Also, his awful sig that he posted all the time. Finally, he was banned. SA went down temporarily one day due to server trouble and King REoL (AKA George Fiffy) sent Lowtax an email talking about how "REoL TOUGH", Fiffy's Doom website (Yes, that doom) had outlasted SomethingAwful. This angered The Tax, and the next day SA's Awful Link of the Day was REoL TOUGH. Angered by the angry letter REoL sent lowtax, and fueled by the hate for King REoL they already had, the goons trashed his guestbook. REoL sent Lowtax another email where he compared Lowtax to Osama Bin Laden, calling the "Attacks" on his guestbook "terrorism". (This was before the term Terrism was invented). Lowtax posted the email, and all hell broke loose. At the time of writing, the situation has not been resolved, although REoL thinks there's some sort of crazed Illuminati based on Something Awful that takes down websites. When the situation resolves, I'll add further info.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/awful-links/awful-link-797.php

The time tested stupidity of King REoL cannot be contained to one single website.

The sad thing is, he's not even trolling. It's genuine (yet demented) belief. If someone did ever call the men in white coats, he'd probably think it was a "libreal" conspiracy to try and take him out of the picture, heh.

Graf Zahl said:

Most of his maps still were crap...

I maybe just lucked out and played one of the very few nice maps. Mind you the text file made it appear that I should have whipped it out right there and started beating my meat to his wad. It wasn't nearly as good as the ranting suggested it would be, but still pretty fun and playable.