Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgef551

College Youth: Obama not-so-good, but GREAT?!

Technician said:

Why hasn't George returned to refute anything?

Probably stuck between floors in an abandoned mall with no mobile phone signal.

Moral dilemma time - should the prospect of that happening be considered a good or bad thing?

I'm assuming that's what he uses to record his elevator videos.

EDIT - BlairFiffy WitchElevator Project - A REoL Tough movie based on REoL life events. :D

Maes said:

Yup. Prepare to be suck on a lot of Chinese, yellow dick for the years to come, as they own the majority of your debt bonds, and if they want to pull the plug they can really ruin a lot of countries' shit, including the USA.

not necessarily true. when you look at greyghost's wiki link, nixon looks like an average president budget-wise, right? well, the conservative republican he was, he murdered the gold standard to allow the national bank move the currency value as they see fit. come on, that would be a bold move even for a communist dictator! if usa gets into a serious crisis, the dollar will plummet and the chinese will have just a big stash of toilet paper to wipe their asses with. the presidents aren't afraid of the debt, because it's just pretend money.

dew said:

the chinese will have just a big stash of toilet paper to wipe their asses with. the presidents aren't afraid of the debt, because it's just pretend money.

They already use "alternative" means for that, the dollar will be a welcome change. A debt is hardly pretend money though, depending on what/who the stakeholder is. The very least a country can expect commisioning/privatisation/being bought away piece by piece if it fails to meet its debt obligations, and especially if they try pulling such a trick. It's like calling erotic hot lines for a month and when the bill arrives you just claim "I don't care, I don't pay, cut my fucking phone off". No sireeee, it won't stop there ;-)

Technician said:

Unlikely, given that he's just a shill/tool/"militant volunteer" for the Reps. These gentlemen basically are given a set of canned messages to cross-post/spam on multiple forums (already crafted for them by some "communication expert" working for the party, and designed to be sensationalist and emotional). DW is just one of the forums where he's crossposting that shit, no wonder he won't respond. He's just "planting seeds" so to speak, and moves on to the next forum, and then to the next batch of canned trolling (as the RL events evolve).

I can understand the actions of such shills (or "poster gluers" more commonly) if they get actually paid or receive some indirect benefit (e.g. some senator's favors), but those doing it out of pure idealism are usually the dumbest...and more zealotic.

dew said:
if usa gets into a serious crisis, the dollar will plummet and the chinese will have just a big stash of toilet paper to wipe their asses with.

They could buy more of this toilet paper, instead of wiping their asses with it, then help the US recover and end up richer still as the toilet paper becomes more valuable. The main direct impact on them, in the meantime, would be that they'd have to find alternative markets for some of their industry exports, as more than 20% go to the US. Given various countries are growing worldwide, requiring imports, they could probably handle it pretty well.

Technician said:

Because he's a huge troll.

Georgef551 said:

Just goes to show you that most College Kids that voted in the Presidential Election were sheep:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-tapscott/young-people-are-discoura_b_381845.html

Apperently, more than half the college students do not like Obama's policies, yet consider him to be a good president?!

DOES THIS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE?!

Kinda' like saying DooM sucks, but I like to play it everyday. What's the point?

So, to the College Crowd: How's that change you voted for?

Oh my god, I'm so tired of all the right wing trolls that come into this forum specifically to post this crap. I don't care for American politics, but I agree with Obamas actions 100%. If you need reasons why I do, I'd be happy to send you a PM.

Next time at least give some decent, unbiased opinions on WHY Obama is terrible and actually have some support for your right wing nonsense instead of "lol! look at ma poll! wtf, college nubs! rofl copter! :D obama sucks mcain wins! lololololoolololol agree wit mez?"

Danarchy said:
Because he's a huge troll.

Yeah, the huge ones are the clumsy ones that end up ridiculed or get trapped in pitfalls. It's the midget trolls that do most damage because they are sly and quick to avoid enemy blows.

I haven't followed US politics since the election and know next to nothing about Obama, but he isn't Bush so that must count for something.

I did think the peace prize was going a bit far though. He's still got two wars on the go! (Though hasn't managed to start any more, i suppose)

Super Jamie said:

Isn't making a new account to get around a previous ban against the rules?

It's banned whenever the mods deem it appropriate, which is often. Generally, the more time elapsed, and the more identifiable the account, the less chance that a ban will result.

- ah ok this was a "New Harvard Poll", so the results are obviously representative. To be hip and popular, I better adjust my opinions. Wouldn't want people to point fingers at me.

- a test balloon ("let's see the reactions of the general public")

- just flat propaganda, humming to the background noise of the standard lies of the system whores media ("see even our youth has still faith in Obimbo")

Mr. Chris said:

I didn't vote for him, so don't blame me. I had thoughts of an anti-Obama/Mccain election protest sign in town if I had the materials to make one.

I was hoping there was a good 3'rd party canidate, but there was none.
I voted for the (far) lesser of two evils: McCain.
Who better to solve the war issue that someone WHO ACTUALLY FAUGHT IN ONE?
The sheep have spoken.....BAAAA!!!!....

Mr. Freeze said:

Can't wait until China invades after we fail to pay them back. Anyone got some spare 7.62?

I can't blame Obama for this. I can blame him for perpetuating it along, though.

-----------------------
As for not coming here to refute, I have a life, and I actually hold a job. That, and YouTube communities hold the rest of my time.
(To be fair, there are people here that hold real jobs as well.)

So, what has Obama done? Keyowrd here is: DONE?
I have not seen anything concerete that he's done.
Wait. He actually DID something:

* Sworn into office.

There's a start.

Georgef551 said:

So, I take it you voted for Kerry in 2004?

Nah, Kerry just fought in that war, while McCain really faught in it.

Georgef551 said:

Right. This is why Bush's "No Child Left Behind" policies have been such a huge success. Who better to solve the problem of poor education than the hideously uneducated?

I hate to ruin this post by spelling out my point directly but I know it'll fly over GeorgeF's head otherwise. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR LOGIC

Georgef551 said:

Someone like Adolf Hitler? How about offering Osama bin Laden an unconditional pardon and US citizenship? He'd be a great peace-maker.

Consider yourself lucky not to have had Douglas MacArthur as president. That career warmonger would have nuked North Korea back to the stone age (and China if given half a chance) if Truman hadn't stood in his way.

Georgef551 said:

That, and YouTube communities hold the rest of my time.

That's the idea, stick to chatting with people on the same intellectual level as you.

Georgef551 said:

The sheep have spoken.....BAAAA!!!!....

...lolwut?

Goddamnit, this is why politics should be rarely discussed on this board. Nobody is going to change their mind, and it's just gonna lead to some arguing. Unless of course, you're in the Debate Club, then this is good practice. Keep it up! :D

deathbringer said:

I did think the peace prize was going a bit far though. He's still got two wars on the go! (Though hasn't managed to start any more, i suppose)

Yeah, I completely disagreed with them giving him a peace prize. To be fair, Obama was completely baffled by it as well (though if I were him, I would have flat out turned it down). I'm fairly sure the Nobel Prize committee has been smoking crack. The fact that they seriously considered giving Bush one in the middle of the Iraq War really completes that argument.

Indeed, this has been a chronic problem with the peace prize. The scientific Nobel prizes make much more sense. The peace prize should be given to people who sweat and bleed for world peace through their lives and actions, not politicians that make decisions that are simply the tip of the iceberg of the actions of many others and come in out of the blue just when some important pact or agreement is being made due to various circumstances. The guy just got elected as president and he's already a paragon of world peace?

myk said:

The peace prize should be given to people who sweat and bleed for world peace through their lives and actions

Then give it to the soldiers.

Mr. Freeze said:

No third party is ever going to win the presidency. Although I supported several third-party canidates, I didn't vote for them. A Dem or a Rep are the only parties that matter right now. Anything else is throwing your vote away, IMO.

No such thing as throwing a vote away.

Csonicgo said:

Lulz

I meant people like Ghandi, Mandela and various peace or humanitarian activists.

One major flaw the prize often has is that it congratulates those involved in doing the violence they stop. The prizes for '73 and '94 are clear examples.

Obama has hopefully started to fix some of what his predecessor eroded. He may be doing his job to a point (and also some crap like allocating military forces in Colombia,) but it's no reason to get very excited. It has more to do with Bush's previous failings than a merit of his, plus credit is diminished because he's also following the demands of his voters, rather than being an active and direct promoter of the improvements.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I SWEAR I saw this thread in PH not that long ago. Am I crazy?

EDIT: It appears I am in fact going batshit crazy. I apologize; I had nothing truly worthwhile to contribute.

Csonicgo said:

or firefighters! or mothers all around the world! how about just not giving the peace prize to anyone? it goes against nobel's intentions, it's politically driven and seriously bloodstained. as myk mentioned, kissinger and arafat? heh. obama has already done more for the global peace than these guys.