Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ismaele

What's my best .WAD? - UV max and UV speed demos of "Run & Kill" -LAST HOURS TO VOTE

What's my best .WAD?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's my best .WAD?

• DooM Castle (from Italian DooM - Lost Levels)
    • Arachnophobia II (from Italian DooM - Lost Levels)
    • IMPerious (from Italian DooM - Lost Levels)
    • Italian DooM - Episode 1: The Lost Colony
    • Red Eye
    • Outpost of Hell 2 - The Fortress
    • Outpost of Hell
    • Run & Kill
    • Blitz 2
    • Blitz

Probably you'll hate me for my polls! =P But I want your opinions for the celebration of my 100th review.
Seriously... what is my best .WAD in your opinion?

I also defy you to record UV-max and UV-speed demos of my "Run & Kill" .WAD (runkill.WAD): it requires any limit-removing port, so that you can record your demo with whichever port you like best.
You can download my .WAD from my web-site or /idgames archive (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12024).
You can send me your demos via e-mail (sposito DOT lag AT tin DOT it) or upload them somewhere and post here a link. All demos will be published on my web-site in occasion of my 100th review.

I forgot to say: please, create a .ZIP file, containing your demo file and a .TXT file with some info about your demo (author, e-mail address and such, UV-max or UV-speed? time? port used, other files required)!

I voted Run & Kill because it had ok gameplay and I don't like ZDoom maps that are needlessly cramped with pointless scripting and too much doorway fighting (see Red Eye).

First message edited: you need a limit-removing port, if you want to avoid bugs like HOMs, slime trails, VOs and such. I recommend Boom-compatible ports, like prBoom, ZDoom or GZDoom (use latest versions, if possible).

You can find an example for the .TXT file to insert in the .ZIP file, containing your demo, right here: http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag/_private/rk1-mmss.TXT
remember to fill the form correctly, modifying its filename according to your time (for instance: rk1-1030, if you beat it in 10:30) and all the info in it (filename, style, EXE/port used, totals, comments, author, e-mail).

Sorry for double-post!

Polls are going to be closed automatically on Christmas Eve (24 December 2009)! So vote please!

As for the demos of "Run & Kill", I'll accept them until my 100th review... probably in new year. Till now I've received only a UV-max demo by gggmork (time: 10:53 - you can download it from: http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag/_private/rk1-1053.zip), but Red-XIII will send me a UV-max demo too.