Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Russia test fires missle and UFO enthusiasts go insane. (And we get pretty light >.<)

Recommended Posts

Russia test fired a missile recently which they call the "Bulava", capable of detaching 10 nuclear warheads, each individually targeted while airborne. The test was a failure, and lit the skies above Norway a bright blue for a while.

Article: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jW5e1IL3lgxKyVzZDuYMxiYpUlOAD9CGKDUG0

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1I010bQD8

More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russian+missile+lights&search_type=&aq=f

Of course, UFO enthusiasts want to believe this is the product of extra-terrestrial life coming into our galaxy, which is laughable. But the fact that Russia is test firing a missile that breaks apart into nukes of apocalyptic destruction? Not so much.

What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post

MIRV missiles have existed since the beginning of the start treaties, don't be a hippie about it. I'm more interested in crushing UFO enthusiasts' theories with cold hard facts. Then again, not a single one of those guys would be willing to accept that it was just a missile test.

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's stupid. It's obviously the all seeing eye of the NWO signifying its eventual takeover in 2012. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

But seriously, it reminds me of that time they took some student CGI project and paraded it around as proof of UFOs.

Share this post


Link to post
Visplane Overflow said:

MIRV missiles have existed since the beginning of the start treaties, don't be a hippie about it.


I'm not being a hippie about it, but I'm just saying I'm a bit worried about this new weaponry.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I'm an idiot because I don't give a damn about nuclear warheads. The more intelligent thing to do is get paranoid about the evil Russkies and their weapons of mass destruction. More like weapons of mutually assured destruction - god damn, get a grip people. The last nuke (in wartime I mean, don't get technical on me) was used 60 years ago, and by the Americans - What are you afraid of? Don't be a pussy.

Share this post


Link to post

From the Associated Press article-

Russian anti-submarine-based intercontinental missile

Translation - a missile that doesn't like being launched from submarines, which helps explain the high failure rate.

Not something I'd like to see passing overhead, especially if I knew what it was.

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously it's the start of the invasion of the Strogg. That was a wormhole passed Mars' orbit created by their warships to transport them into our solar system to bring upon us the first wave of attacks.

Share this post


Link to post

So THAT's what it is! Someone posted an article translated from a Norwegian newspaper, and it proposed it had something to do with auroras.

Share this post


Link to post
avery1555 said:

I'm not being a hippie about it, but I'm just saying I'm a bit worried about this new weaponry.


Why? Because it makes pretty spirals before raining death upon thy head?

Share this post


Link to post
Visplane Overflow said:

Yes, I'm an idiot because I don't give a damn about nuclear warheads. The more intelligent thing to do is get paranoid about the evil Russkies and their weapons of mass destruction. More like weapons of mutually assured destruction - god damn, get a grip people. The last nuke (in wartime I mean, don't get technical on me) was used 60 years ago, and by the Americans - What are you afraid of? Don't be a pussy.

Yes, that's exactly why I called you an idiot. Congratulations.

Share this post


Link to post
exp(x) said:

Yes, that's exactly why I called you an idiot. Congratulations.


You're inscrutable and highly worthless. Congratulations.

Honestly, I cannot give a shit about anything you have to say beyond this point. I'm sorry that I live in the real world where I don't piss myself in fear about big evil nukes or cry in the corner when somebody says something bad about unwashed potheads - here's an idea : Get yourself laid, it'll do you, me and the whole world a lot of good. And I mean laid for real, don't even try to bullshit me.

I'm done with you now.

Anyway - my original point, to reiterate was : MIRVs are not 'new weaponry', and these tests are not a threat to you or anybody. This reminds me of when North Korea was conducting missile tests and the entire USA collectively shit themselves (for some reason).

Share this post


Link to post

Aww settle down guys! Group hug!

Well, it takes barely anything to get UFO enthusiasts riled up. It came as no surprise that an unusual sight like that in the sky would put them in full throttle.

Share this post


Link to post

I just wanna know how the missle made that light. Was the missle spinning in circles and just... vanished? I'm less worried about the Russians having nukes and more interested in how it created a spiraling light.

Share this post


Link to post
Visplane Overflow said:

Get yourself laid, it'll do you, me and the whole world a lot of good. And I mean laid for real, don't even try to bullshit me.

He has a wife. I think she even has an account here.

Share this post


Link to post
Ninjalah said:

I just wanna know how the missle made that light. Was the missle spinning in circles and just... vanished? I'm less worried about the Russians having nukes and more interested in how it created a spiraling light.

Doesn't take long for stuff to find its way into Wikipedia

"Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard–Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, suggested that the unusual light display occurred when the missile's third stage nozzle was damaged, causing the exhaust to come out sideways and sending the missile into a spin."

Visplane Overflow said:

MIRVs are not 'new weaponry', and these tests are not a threat to you or anybody. This reminds me of when North Korea was conducting missile tests and the entire USA collectively shit themselves (for some reason).

I would consider a couple of tons of missile debris landing on my house to be a threat, I'd also consider a successful test program (which this one certainly isn't) that delivers a viable delivery system to a potential belligerent to be a threat. As for North Korea, they know they'd be bombed back to the stone age if they launched a nuke - BUT - Kim Jong-il's probably crazy enough to do so, just to prove to his people he's not afraid of the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Ninjalah said:

I just wanna know how the missle made that light. Was the missle spinning in circles and just... vanished? I'm less worried about the Russians having nukes and more interested in how it created a spiraling light.

I've seen footage of missile tests where failures caused the rocket to spin in circles. It probably ran out of fuel, which caused the light to vanish.

Share this post


Link to post

Further proof that Norway has the world's greatest sky... ever. I've never seen anything quite like that before. Though it was some sort of astronomy-related event, which would've been much, much sweeter.

As for whack-shit conspiracy theory, I'll go ahead an nominate the Crab People as those behind the act.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm wondering if this fluke could be used to make a new type of firework. I would pay to see a show with those kinds of lights in them.

Share this post


Link to post

Visplane Overflow said:
This reminds me of when North Korea was conducting missile tests and the entire USA collectively shit themselves (for some reason).

Some reason being the right-wing pundits and a propaganda machine playing with the general post-911 fear factor to gather support for the Iraq invasion.

Hippies, in any case, were more concerned in what they themselves and their own culture were doing to perpetuate war and violence, not so much another culture they were not part of.

Thus, you might be closer to the truth by calling someone a war-monger or bigot for being overly concerned about Russian military testing in particular, than a hippie.

Share this post


Link to post
Visplane Overflow said:

Anyway - my original point, to reiterate was : MIRVs are not 'new weaponry', and these tests are not a threat to you or anybody. This reminds me of when North Korea was conducting missile tests and the entire USA collectively shit themselves (for some reason).


Just a note, I live in Canada, not the USA. Also, you have to consider the lives of others before your own. You have to understand that although those nukes might not hit YOU they may land and kill thousands somewhere else. Calling people 'pussies' and to 'get laid' is a sign of your own selfishness and immaturity.

Share this post


Link to post
Visplane Overflow said:

You're inscrutable and highly worthless. Congratulations.

Honestly, I cannot give a shit about anything you have to say beyond this point. I'm sorry that I live in the real world where I don't piss myself in fear about big evil nukes or cry in the corner when somebody says something bad about unwashed potheads - here's an idea : Get yourself laid, it'll do you, me and the whole world a lot of good. And I mean laid for real, don't even try to bullshit me.

I'm done with you now.

Anyway - my original point, to reiterate was : MIRVs are not 'new weaponry', and these tests are not a threat to you or anybody. This reminds me of when North Korea was conducting missile tests and the entire USA collectively shit themselves (for some reason).


here's an idea : Get yourself a joint, it'll do you, me and the whole world a lot of good. Weed is here to stay get over it. You smoke a joint and could give a rats ass about nukes, that would be the last thing a "hippie" would be thinking about. You will never live in the "real" world with your current way of thinking. Why would you bring hippies up? It has nothing to do with any of this. BTW hippies have all kinds of sex according to you, also if you want cold hard facts of aliens go look in the mirror. Lol let the flaming BEGIN, THE TIME HAS COME, Im done with you.

imho, anyone who keeps claiming its a rocket, producing that perfect spiral, vivid colours, hundreds if not thousands of witnesses who are not crazy, and their intellect to compare to other failed rockets and comparing and realising this must be the most epic of epicest rocket failures should at least question it.

Im not saying its a star gate, im not sayin its anything, but im WAY more inclined to believe its something other than a failed rocket(maybe it was) that the russians denied later conveniently, sort of. Maybe its some kind of tech we dont know about. The military is usally what? 40 years above the civilians tech anyway, probly nothing more than business as usual. I watched this the day this all went down and no body including the russians had any idea what it was, officially.

There is a Chinese video recording of the spiral light back in 1988, also near the Russian border. It appeared on the sky for 5 consecutive days.

Share this post


Link to post

And what sort of tech would that be? No idea? Exactly. It was spinning in a circle like a broken rocket and shooting out a big plume while it did so. At the same time the Russians even admit they conducted a failed missile test. Conclusion: rocket. Even if it wasn't the Russian thing, it was a rocket.

And what's with this crap about militaries having ultra-secret, unheard-of technologies? It doesn't happen. They have expensive technology, lots of bleeding-edge stuff, and stuff with mechanisms that are classified. They don't have things decades ahead of anything conceived in the civilian world. Almost all technology is developed by civilian companies or organizations in all cases. It always has been. Besides, how could you even define what 40 years ahead even means? That can only be defined with things known in the past and it hasn't been true at any point in the 20th century.

Share this post


Link to post
Aliotroph? said:

And what sort of tech would that be? No idea? Exactly. It was spinning in a circle like a broken rocket and shooting out a big plume while it did so. At the same time the Russians even admit they conducted a failed missile test. Conclusion: rocket. Even if it wasn't the Russian thing, it was a rocket.

And what's with this crap about militaries having ultra-secret, unheard-of technologies? It doesn't happen. They have expensive technology, lots of bleeding-edge stuff, and stuff with mechanisms that are classified. They don't have things decades ahead of anything conceived in the civilian world. Almost all technology is developed by civilian companies or organizations in all cases. It always has been. Besides, how could you even define what 40 years ahead even means? That can only be defined with things known in the past and it hasn't been true at any point in the 20th century.


My grandpa worked at GE in the 1940's and showed me the document's for cell phones. All the employees had them(they where nothing like they are today, but it was still the same idea), yes usually crazy shit is made by civilian companies. The military looks for things, and then turns them into weapons, that is their sole purpose. I have no idea, that is why I said "maybe". Maybe it was a rocket, fuck if I know. The russians didnt admit to anything at the "same time". "Usually" the russians say ahead of time about weapon tests. Key word in the article is "new".
Don't act like you know what it was either, you have no idea nor do I lets just keep it at maybe its more fun for the mind.

One thing ive learned from having allot of military people in my family, is don't buy the official story -->hook, line and sinker. You can use words in ways you would never think of.

Maybe it was a rocket of more cutting edge tech, they sure as hell would not want anyone to know about it. So they would just use the usual terms people are familiar with. Like MIRV missiles, they would keep it brief and no other explaintion other than what is already known(they wouldnt say missile railgun 326). Maybe im wrong, its ultimately up too you to decide. Please notice you are taking a Pavel Felgenhauer, an "independent" military analyst word for it. Russia did not go into "detail"...

Share this post


Link to post

I have played enough video games to know that's an interdimensional portal. The question is, what's on the other side? Demons? Stroggs? Serpent Riders (which are also demons but they look different than just "demons")? May be all.

Time to buy a shotgun, an axe (just in case) and be ready for rock!

Let's kick some extra-terrestrial butt!

Share this post


Link to post
Flesh420 said:

My grandpa worked at GE in the 1940's and showed me the document's for cell phones.

They were called walkie-talkies back then and were nothing spectacular. The basic concept, after all, is merely using Marconi radio. Hardly bleeding edge.

Cell phones today are still not "next-gen" technology. Sure, they might get fancy gizmos added to them, such as touchscreens (a technology from the 60s) or the possibility to plug in headphones (a technology older than WW1)... Yeah. Awesome. There's nothing truly innovative in a cell phone. Nothing revolutionary. Nothing new. These things have only become prevalent recently because what they needed to really work was infrastructure -- building all the relays and satellites needed to transmit cell phone traffic. That took a long time, but not really in R&D, mostly simply in raising money and building antennas. And of course, the time needed to get several companies interested in developing that market, so that they cell phones get mass produced and become cheap.

The only thing that's high-tech in those 3G and 4G cell phones is the level of miniaturization needed to make them so compact.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×