Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ra02

mp3 as music

Is that possible? I've tried to import mp3 but it turned into a code. If it is possible, how? Thanks

Guest DILDOMASTER666

GreyGhost is referring to XWE's "Change Lump Type" dialog, in which you input a number to tell XWE what this lump should be. #57 is the generic "music" type... Not that it will help him any.

Regardless of what your WAD editing tool says the MP3 is, "code" or MUS, it's there. That "code" view you're seeing is the data that makes up the MP3. Load it up in a port that can read MP3s out of WADs and enjoy it.

Fisk said:

GreyGhost is referring to XWE's "Change Lump Type" dialog, in which you input a number to tell XWE what this lump should be. #57 is the generic "music" type... Not that it will help him any.

Regardless of what your WAD editing tool says the MP3 is, "code" or MUS, it's there. That "code" view you're seeing is the data that makes up the MP3. Load it up in a port that can read MP3s out of WADs and enjoy it.

lol when I used XWE to change my music, I tried to guess which lump the music value was. my first guess was 57, and I was amazed

Use Slumped and you won't have to screw around trying to explain it that it's an MP3, not a bitmap, so it shouldn't try converting it into a sprite.

Personally, I've never had any problems just double-clicking the Music tab in XWE and selecting an MP3. Works every time.