Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yetiman

2D Doom

It's been done. Some Slavic kid made a Doom platform game a few years ago. I have it on my HD back in my apartment, but I don't have a link right now. I'll try to get one.

I didn't like it. Although it has possibilites.

Possibilites of ending up in the recycle bin

It was a fun game. I beaten it. Which is more than I can say on Final DOOM (more and more and boring).

ROFL

Insert Cren's favorite saying here.

Ummmmmmmm......I can't believe it's me and I don't know what it is...........

ROFL

Insert Cren's favorite saying here.

Ummmmmmmm......I can't believe it's me and I don't know what it is...........

Ditt-fucking-o.

WELL THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT I EVER DOWNLOADED FROM THE SHITTEST DOWNLOAD SITE.

I MEAN, THE KEYS ARE ASSIGNED IN TOTALLY GAY PLACES, THE SETUP FILE IS FUCKED AND CRAP, AND IT FATALS IF YOU JUMP. IT IS WANK.

SO THE DOLT WHO POSTED THIS HAD BETTER COME UP WITH A BETTER 2D DOOM OR ELSE

Hehehe. Doom 2d sucked because of the lame key positions and the sound wouldn't work on my computer.

Plus the fact that:

1. It's too fucking impossible
2. I keep getting a "FATAL ERROR" (it happens when all of a suddden my health drops to zero for no reason, and it counts down fast too.)

-you can change the keys
-and there's a way to fix that problem, I have no clue how though.

Yes, you can change the keys. The setup program is absolutely functional. The sound works on any PC with a DOS-age soundcard, and no DOS game promises you sound with non-DOS soundcards, the game is very possible, because I, who can't beat DOOM on Nightmare, beat it. You can save, and load and do whatever you want.

The only problem is that weird bug which causes that famous fatal error. It does happen way too often, but it's easy to fix. Just keep the original archive on your hard-drive, and reinstall DOOM2D.WAD when it happens. (and only DOOM2D.WAD. It doesn't corrupt any other WADs, nor saved games).

Shows what you all know. True DOOM freaks would love such a great conversion.

WELL THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT I EVER DOWNLOADED FROM THE SHITTEST DOWNLOAD SITE.

I MEAN, THE KEYS ARE ASSIGNED IN TOTALLY GAY PLACES, THE SETUP FILE IS FUCKED AND CRAP, AND IT FATALS IF YOU JUMP. IT IS WANK.

SO THE DOLT WHO POSTED THIS HAD BETTER COME UP WITH A BETTER 2D DOOM OR ELSE

pritch
DOLT
On Probation

Indeed this 2D doom is crappy, but I din't tought on this
-existing- 2D doom. I just wanted to take this poll how you guys would think about it. If some of you liked it, I was probably started programming a 2D doom version. But now I think I don't gonna start such a project. As a beginner game programmer, you must start somewhere =) (Not that I have never programmed a game ...)

-you can change the keys

Ummmmmmm, I did, before I even started my first game. I was talking about the difficulty.

Haha. You must explore the secrets. Once you get the chainsaw in level 1, that demon is easy to bit. Like in real DOOM, if you saw them they don't harm you.

-existing- 2D doom. I just wanted to take this poll how you guys would think about it. If some of you liked it, I was probably started programming a 2D doom version. But now I think I don't gonna start such a project. As a beginner game programmer, you must start somewhere =) (Not that I have never programmed a game ...)

The thing is that those who don't like the existing DOOM2D probably won't like any other 2D conversion that you or someone else would do.

And for the numerous people who like DOOM2D (like me), programming another version is kinda reinventing the wheel.

ok, ok, it's a *fair* effort, but I shall wait for something that is truly happy running in a window on a 32-bit machine with drop-down options menus, using just 3% system resourses in the background.

ok, ok, it's a *fair* effort, but I shall wait for something that is truly happy running in a window on a 32-bit machine with drop-down options menus, using just 3% system resourses in the background.

You're completely spoiled by the evilness of Windows. Do you complain about the DOOM menu system too?

you guys ever played that super smash brothers doom? it was kinda lame because it was just one or two levels whith close to no killing. when you tried to play it with normal maps and you jumped then you either die or get stuck, i cant remember

Are you, by chance related to anyone by the name of Username or Xdoom?

You're completely spoiled by the evilness of Windows. Do you complain about the DOOM menu system too?

Don't be a dumbass, it's just time to put DOS and all it's associated 16/32 problems to sleep, ok? I can't stand people who get all anti-32 saying, oh dos was so much easier, windows is gaaaaaaaaayyyyy, how retarded. IT WILL NEVER GET BETTER UNLESS PEOPLE TRY. Move on, already, for chrissake.