Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Realm667 submission / contribution forums online

After countless requests of giving people a better opportunity to post their resources to the Realm667 sites instead of using one single (or actually two) thread over at ZDoom.org, which makes it hard to track stuff, you can finally submit creations in the new Realm667 forums at http://www.realm667.com/board. The HPack development forums also moved there, leaving the untrustable and advertisment-spammed free forums behind.

Y'know, there's a certain point at which I assume Realm667 will simply become a "Make Your Own WAD Mix And Match Depot!" type of site. I'm sure that's what it'll become if any more resource sections get put up....

WildWeasel said:

Y'know, there's a certain point at which I assume Realm667 will simply become a "Make Your Own WAD Mix And Match Depot!" type of site. I'm sure that's what it'll become if any more resource sections get put up....

Only if it comes with Lost UAC Machines.

Bucket said:

Needs a music/sfx board. You can only raid vgmusic.com for so long.

Agreed. Every media outlet is covered besides music/sound fx. Round things off quite nicely.

Ed said:

Agreed. Every media outlet is covered besides music/sound fx. Round things off quite nicely.

And maps.

WildWeasel said:

This depends on the mapper I guess. Taking resources from a page and using them wisely so they perfectly match and make up for good additions to your map isn't that bad. It only is bad if it ends up like Earthbound Doom :P

scalliano said:

Hardly the point, though, is it?

Why? If you're gonna rip everything else, why not the maps too? You could make a TC a day.

Personally I'd love if someone somehow linked Oblige with the Beastiary to radically expand the monster, weapon, and texture sets Oblige uses in its generated maps.

I mostly use the Realm667 stuff as a code reference, so I have easy examples of certain tricks.

Bucket said:

Needs a music/sfx board. You can only raid vgmusic.com for so long.

World of Game Mods is like VGMusic but for ripped tracker music. Also, ZDoom actually supports a number of "ripped game music" formats like SPC and VGM.

jute said:

Personally I'd love if someone somehow linked Oblige with the Beastiary to radically expand the monster, weapon, and texture sets Oblige uses in its generated maps.

Mr. Chris did with monsters. Except not with textures. At least not yet.

I haven't been keeping in touch with andrewj lately, but last I heard there was talk about oblige having "resource folders" and you can put texture resource wads (as well as other resources, monsters, music, etc.) in it, and as long as you define which textures for which themes in the .lua's, you'll be able to generate maps that use those textures.

I think it's worth noting that what Torm does is, in itself, a valuable service. It's just a shame that bad mappers gravitate towards his hosted resources and sully them.

Creaphis said:

I think it's worth noting that what Torm does is, in itself, a valuable service.

Fully agreed.

I'm having a strange problem there. Every time I try to view a thread I get this:

Error Message:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Not unique table/alias: 'tg' [1066]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Is anyone else having that problem?

Sign in to follow this