Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

.deh files

I've never used dehacked files before, except of course with pwads which require them, so I thought I'd play with a couple. I customised some of what they had done, and then saved it with the same name (to make sure they stayed .dehs), then changed it and re-unzipped the original file.

Only my changes must've been naff because ZDoom has an error list as long as your arm when I just try to run the patch on it's own, and only a couple of the things work.

I'm guessing spacing is important because I think I deleted a few blank spaces here and there, even though everything looks the same, and I tried to be careful, but I'm getting bits of the following message in the file [TXT 13_14 or something like that] in my in-game messages.

Anyway I guess what this boils down to is there any definitive guide to constructing .dehs as text files and can you help? Thanx.

My page http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/ has quite a bit of dehacked stuff on it. Just follow the link above, and then click the dehacked button for basic setup instructions, tutorials example files to download and other stuff.

There's also a discussion of sprite naming conventions and a couple of other things which might be relevant to DEHACKED under the "Doom General" button on my site.

Hope it helps.

thanks, enjay (feels like the thousandth time I've said that?) I guess BEX will have to be tried etc..

if you wanna start doing BEX, i recommend that you look at etcdeh.txt in the eternity engine zip.

There's a BEX editor with interface and whistles and bells and everything being made. I don't know the details.

Anyway, learn coding instead of the crappy dehacked :P