Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

Doombuilder Bug

I made this extremely large and detailed map. Before I put sprites in I saved it and then kept going, however after I put all the sprites in and made the difficulties and tried to save it - it came up with a zen node error, and when I try to play the map it just fails. Can anybody help me?

You are better off changing the node builder to zdbsp, and using that as your default node builder, especially for large maps.

How big is the map..?

Yuu could post a copy of the map for people to look at perhaps. Might make it easier to work out the problem.

Doom Builder has functionality to check your map for errors. The key was F4 in Doom Builder 1, I'm not sure about DB2. You may have mucked something up accidentally which is breaking nodebuild.

Make sure you're using the latest version of each nodebuilder too, there is a later version of ZDBSP on the ZDoom webpage.

Nah it still came up with the eroor message however this time it had a reason it said 'Seg 539 references a nonexistant vertex.
The BSP will be rebuilt.'

So what does that mean?

According to XWE, that map has 80,498 sectors! I don't know who the culprit is - DoomBuilder or ZenNode - but found I could fix the problem by adding another sector and saving the map, that brought the sector count down to a more reasonable 243. Changing node builders didn't seem to make much difference - apart from ZDBSP not building a REJECT table.

Haven't played through the maps yet, I'll post my impressions later.

Don't worry about "Stitch Vertices" turning off - that's a Doom Builder 1 quirk. Try the fix described in my previous post, if it works the wad will shrink to about 430kB, you can then delete that extra sector and resume mapping.