Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Bethesda Feels The Rage

Zenimax Media (the owners of your friendly neighborhood id Software) has announced in a press release that its Bethesda Softworks publishing label will handle the release of id's new game Rage. Previous to the id buyout, the game was due to be published by EA. The brief press-release doesn't seem to be on Zenimax's site yet, but is floating around a number of gaming sites. Here's one such reprint. Development of the game is apparently unaffected by the change.

Nice to hear it. EA, EA go away, even though I don't know all their politics nowadays, and I barely have any obviously bad games published by EA but built by others.

But a name like Bethesda sounds better than something generic such as 'electronic arts', yeah.

In any case, the boxcover in the site linked by Gez looks fun; too bad the screenshot from the link of the first post looks Doom3-dejavuish, brown and utterly predictable.

I pronounce it 'beth-ehs-duh' since I heard it pronounced that way a long time ago, probably for the town instead of the studios, but it could be something else.

And yay, although it doesn't really matter.

Trasher][ said:
Development of the game is apparently unaffected by the change.

Absolute bullshit, they may be better than EA and whatnot but it's still going to change something. I knew it from the day id sold out

I think we need to get a promise of good faith from these people that they're not going to try to go back on id's source release licenses. The recent DMCA crap has me shook up.

The man to contact would presumably be Matt Grandstaff, aka Gstaff, their "community manager". It's his job to answer queries.

Xtife said:
Absolute bullshit, they may be better than EA and whatnot but it's still going to change something. I knew it from the day id sold out

It wasn't such a big step because of the way id Software itself had already been changing for a while now, becoming more of a publishing house instead of just an independent developer.

Quasar said:

I think we need to get a promise of good faith from these people that they're not going to try to go back on id's source release licenses. The recent DMCA crap has me shook up.

Uh, the DCMA'd ports included copyrighted IWADs, didn't they? Considering Carmack's been cheering on his own code releases for helping make his work easier to port to iPhone, I'd imagine we won't see that happen.