Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Music to doom to

Nah, Aenima had a lot of 'intermission' tracks and one-two minute periods of noise too (Eulogy comes to mind). If you Doom to Tool make it Undertow. Go check out my map in UDM1, it's map14 and has Tool: Sober as the midi.

Yeah, I hate those intermissions. The album would have been much better if they took out all of those except Die Eier von Satan and that first one. I suppose Undertow would be pretty good, but I'm not that partial to the first two Tool albums (though Sober and Opiate are two of my favorite Tool songs). But still...It's Tool.

mmm...the matrix soundtrack...that has Marylin Manson AND the Deftones, which ARE NOT techno. Go out and buy Tweekend or Vegas by TCM.

Yeah, the Marix sountrack is more mainstream industrial than techno. My favorite track would have to be the Monster Magnet one. But still, between Spybreak, Du Hast, and all the other fast-paced songs on the album, it would probably be a good soundtrack for Dooming.

DOOM's music.

Yeah, thats what I usualy listen to. I rarely kick out the jams while playing Doom, but I think I should more often.

however skinny puppy seems to do the trick quite often.

Skinny Puppy kicks ass. I think it would probably be a little slow for Dooming, but what the Hell. If you like Skinny Puppy, you might want to check out Ogre's new side project, ohGr.

Even though I really dig DM, they are horrible to listen to while playing FPSs. I tried it a couple times while playing TFC, and ended up walking around in a state of semi-interest. My frag count plummeted, and I ended up turning off the game and just listening to the rest of the album.

Oh, and while we're on the suject of music, check out the second link in my sig. I bet Lut might get a kick out of the Reznor Confessionals.

I listen (in anything ZDoom-related) to macmp3.wad
Made by Macvilwhore, the music he chose just fits every level perfectly. The only problem with the wad is that it's the largest wad I've seen, at 233 Mb!!!!

…repent your sins now and your fans may forgive you for “The Fragile”

I might.....

The whole Trent Reznor Confession

I will kill whoever wrote that......

But still, between Spybreak, Du Hast, and all the other fast-paced songs on the album, it would probably be a good soundtrack for Dooming.

Have you heard the Jacob Hellner remix of Du Hast? Now THAT is perfect E1 music, specifically the darker tech scenes of E1M3. I could listen to that on loop for hours playing E1.

Oh, and while we're on the suject of music, check out the second link in my sig. I bet Lut might get a kick out of the Reznor Confessionals.

Heh. Masterpiece :P

Yeah, that thing is pretty fukked up. There are some obscure messages in that which are kind of funny (for instance, where it says 'sorry Charlie, I’ll return your door in the morning'...I bet you don't know what that means). :)

BTW - Isn't it true that the original Doom can run in 640 KB memory?

Nope. That's Wolfenstein 3-D. Recommended 1 MB of memory.

Doom required 4 Megs. Recommended 8 megs. I know because my impatience got the better of me when I tried playing it on my 286. Couldn't wait a couple weeks for my 486. :)

I thought that Doom cannot run on a 286!? I tried it myself. After I installed & tried to run it, it said my processor(286) was not 16 bits, thus doom being
unable to run.

Did I not say that I TRIED to run it on a 286? I failed miserably. However, the readme was a good read. ;)

DOOM's music.

I've got to agree. Personally, I think the music in Doom suits the game well, considering it's mix of ambience and fast pace hard rock. However, IF I had to choose outside music to listen to while playing, I'd have to go with some Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, or something else heavy and fast. Sorry, Fred, no room for "Cholcolate Starfish" here...

fear factory (especially stuff from demanu or SOANM)
slipknot (first album)
opeth
morbid angel
cannibal corpse
skinless
cryptopsy

There are also some songs by Cradle of Filth which would really set the DooM mood...

[/quote]
Sorry, Fred, no room for "Cholcolate Starfish" here...[/quote]there's no room for that pile of shit anywhere, much less as music to doom to.

Sorry, Fred, no room for "Cholcolate Starfish" here...[/quote]there's no room for that pile of shit anywhere, much less as music to doom to.[/quote]Now, I'm curious. What EXACTLY is it that makes LimpBizkit a shitty band? You've got to admit, they DO sound unique, in part due to the voice of Durst...

i have friends who like limp biskit, and we debate all thetime so here goes:
to be honest, durst's voice is part of my problem with them. he justs sounds wimpy with the hard music behind him. and that nookie song, god, suicide appeals to me when i hear it. plus, the whole rap metal horse was beat to death a long time ago. it's not like it's new. anthrax did it in 1987, i think. all in all, it could be worse.

I've hated Limp Dipshit ever sense I heard 'Faith'...damn...before then, I never heard anyone sing so horribly...except for maybe Gray Slick...but that's irrelevant. Durst can sing worth crap...even I can sing better.

yeah, the lyrics are lame and pointless too. i qoute:

"i did it for the nookie, so you can take that cookie"

how could someone sing that crap in public?

Durst can sing worth crap...even I can sing better.

Let's hear it!!!

Lalalala!

...well, if I ever learn my mixing programs, I'll help my friend with our industrial project...then maybe one day we will be able to afford a microphone and add lyrics. I'll send you an MP3 then.

Durst can sing worth crap...even I can sing better.

Let's hear it!!!

Lalalala!

...well, if I ever learn my mixing programs, I'll help my friend with our industrial project...then maybe one day we will be able to afford a microphone and add lyrics. I'll send you an MP3 then.

"Sounds like a plan, Dan!"

jesus, that sounded lame...

"Dan's the man with the plan and the golden hand, as he reaches down to you"

That was actualy part of a song this one kid wrote about me. Then 6 months later, he was expelled from school for writing a hit list of preps. Sehr komisch.

6 months later, he was expelled from school for writing a hit list of preps.

sounds like something I would've liked to have done...

wait, did I say that?

Hehe...the thing about that that sucks is that my friend got 3 days of suspension for knowing about it, even though the dude was telling everyone in the whole damn school. And my friend's parents are overprotective, so they took all his t-shirts and his trenchcoats and threw them away, then banned him from the mall for 3 months. He went from semi-goth to near-prep almost instantly.

Hehe...the thing about that that sucks is that my friend got 3 days of suspension for knowing about it, even though the dude was telling everyone in the whole damn school. And my friend's parents are overprotective, so they took all his t-shirts and his trenchcoats and threw them away, then banned him from the mall for 3 months. He went from semi-goth to near-prep almost instantly.

speaking of goth, i saw these two REAL hot goth girls at the mall the other day. jesus, i had no idea that God had created such sinful beauty...

Yeah, there was this chick at my school who was goth, and she was actually damn pretty...she moved to low-rentsville before I got to know her though...

then banned him from the mall for 3 months

that part of it may actually have helped the poor guy. my question is, why is i see all the so-called "fringe" people hang at the mall? it wasn't like that back in the day. if you had blue hair (i did) when i was in school, you weren't at the mall. i suppose capitalism has caught up with the underground...

We don't buy stuff at the mall, we just sit around and mock the preps. The only places I shop there are Hot Topic and Wizards of the Coast...oh and the computer stores. But that isn't very often...I only buy something 1-in-5 times I go there.

indeed, the mall is an excellent place to laugh at people. i'm fond of mullet spotting myself...