Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

Megaman 10 coming in 2010

Well I think it was inevitable that this was going to happen ^^
Anyway it appears that Protoman and a 3rd unknown character will also be playable. Release date is around March 2010, so who else is excited about this game?

If Capcom didn't have a stick up its ass and would release it (and 9) on PC, I'd be excited. But since that isn't going to happen I'll just have to be bitter towards anyone with a modern console who can play them. :(

Damn, I thought this was about Megaman Energy Saving Lamps.

They broadcast a quite crude TV ad in Greece, where a fat chinese or japanese assistant cook was sent by his boss to buy a new lamp and ask for a "Megaman". However the way he pronounced it "Με γκαμάν" = "Me gamAn" sounded like "I am being fucked" and he was slapped by all lamp salesmen (all females BTW) until he pronounced it correctly . Then in the end they showed him say it to a gay salesman who winked at him...eww.

Maes said:

Damn, I thought this was about Megaman Energy Saving Lamps.

They broadcast a quite crude TV ad in Greece, where a fat chinese or japanese assistant cook was sent by his boss to buy a new lamp and ask for a "Megaman". However the way he pronounced it "Με γκαμάν" = "Me gamAn" sounded like "I am being fucked" and he was slapped by all lamp salesmen (all females BTW) until he pronounced it correctly . Then in the end they showed him say it to a gay salesman who winked at him...eww.

what the hell did i just read jesus christ

please tell me you made that up

Mr. Freeze said:

what the hell did i just read jesus christ

please tell me you made that up

Nope, the ad was pretty real :-p

It's not my fault if "Me gaman" is a valid sentence in Greek, and it means "I'm being fucked". The real WTF is that the marketing geniuses behind it thought it'd make a "witty" wordplay.

ROFLMAO here's the actual TV ad:

Meh i never played the Megaman games at all.

They were either only on Nintendo (we were Sega kids), never took off in Britain/Europe or both.

I do remember a Calamity James strip in The Beano using the name "Mega Man" for a superhero who James likes. It made me briefly think "isn't that some wierd* video game?".

Oddly i do seem to remember knowing that the character was called Rockman in Japan years and years back.

*-anything i had heard of but never played or seen or read was "wierd" back then.

Cool, although for some reason I was kind of hoping they would wait before they made the next one in the series. Also, I would totally flip if they made a new SNES style megaman X game. Those were easily my favorite from the series.

The throwback thing kinda worked once for me. I'd like them to continue making Megaman games, but did they update the graphics to the 16 bit era?

Technician said:

The throwback thing kinda worked once for me. I'd like them to continue making Megaman games, but did they update the graphics to the 16 bit era?

They made four megaman sidescrollers for the SNES, and one sort of 'collection' game for the Genesis. The only ones out of the original series was megaman 7 for the SNES and Wily Wars for the Genesis.

Technician said:

I never cared as much for the SNES Megamans, original series or not. For me Megaman is all about its 8-bit glory, and I'm glad 10 follows suit (even if I'm not able to play it).

Technician said:

I worded that terribly. I meant; couldn't they have updated the graphics to the 16 bit era?

Why stop there? Couldn't they update it to the equivalent of Megaman 64? Why not just release it with visuals similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii? The answer is fairly obvious if you stop and think about it. If they did this, the game would blend into the crowd. It would be hardly different than the dozens of throwback sidescrollers currently being released and selling poorly. Megaman doesn't exactly have the brand recognition of Mario to be able to sell well no matter what. Therefore, it needs a way to stand out somehow. 8 bit graphics and nostalgia is the obvious solution.

avery1555 said:

Meh, I never enjoyed the Megaman games at all.

I never got biggg into the series, but I did get a fair share of fun with Megaman X on SNES

my best megaman game is megaman legends 2
ahhh.i love mm games,i played almost all of them(megaman x)