Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

donkey kong country tc for gzdoom

Looking at what doomero has already done, I'd say custom levels and using any DKC resource in one game, for starters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCwzk-xwG0

added: bonus timer, fixed some bugs, and i am working now about Diddy Kong, the other character playable, the dificult part of this is not control Diddy, is the second doll, i mean, you can control Donkey as well, but when you touch the DK barrel appear the second character, this need to follow the principal doll, i was thinking if i can add the thing_hate, so maybe the second doll can follow the principal...well is just a theory maybe can works....

While I think it's a good idea to expand the capabilities of Doom modding, Nintendo has never been known to be tolerant of their sprites, music, and sound effect being used in homebrew.

I wouldn't invest too much time into making this specific to DKC.

So many projects shutdown, even after years of work, with a single notice...

Wow... this is something else. I really like that opening... the play one Rare's titlecard with Doom, I mean. Keep it up!

You know what I'd like to have is a generic version of the code and scripts you're using to make this. You could make some interesting platformers with this style.

ler said:

You know what I'd like to have is a generic version of the code and scripts you're using to make this. You could make some interesting platformers with this style.

yep, but on the same time is dificult make the things works good, and not only the scripts, the decorate is very interesting too.

When I looked at one of the videos for this I honestly didn't believe it was the doom engine until a message appeared in the top corner in that small red writing.

I'm stunned. This is an incredible piece of work.

ok, i uploaded the alpha of this project, the first post page 1 the link is there, works with doom2 and gzdoom 1.3.17....

Those bramble levels just before K. Rool in DKC2; very memorable, and very tough. Saying that though, most levels - or at least the themes - in all three games struck me as memorable.